New Regency Lands ‘Fraggle Rock’ Feature Rights Auction

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Henson (and the Weinstein Company) really blew it big time.

Meanwhile, "The Muppets" is being released in less than 30 days.
Looks like the Disney muscle helps.
Kind of funny to look back on the Weinstein thread and see how at the beginning hope for the Fraggles was high and people were worried about the lack of promotion for the Muppets movie, and in approximately the following month, promotion for The Muppets exploded and continued non-stop.
Weinstine screwed Henson BADLY! Corey put it perfectly straight and what I expected all along. Weisntine wanted to make the movie at first, then somewhere through, they decided they didn't want it and stalled for time until the license ran out. I can't say anymore than I already said, but Corey confirmed my suspicions.

And he also pointed out that everything they did to the Smurfs movie was what they were forcing upon the Fraggles. Kinda figures that as well... seems they basically pilfered points of the Fraggle Rock script draft... that's CLEARLY the reason why they went to 2011 New York in that film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was very worried about the Weinstein Comapny owning it, New Regency I am not so sure about but at least it's better than Weinstein
NR's at least a more competent company. Anything's more competent than they are. The Weinstine brothers mismanaged the company, they blew the money, they decided to bring back dead franchises like Scream and Spy Kids... and they got the very amount of apathy and ennui you'd expect. They sat on a finished movie for over a year, and the animation studio actually sued them to release the thing... and they released it at a VERY dumb time of the year to boot. Considering how surprisingly well that horrendous Gnomeo and Juliet movie did by being released during winter break for kids, Hoodwinked Too could have at least placed better.

I can't say how great the movie Inglorious Basterds was. it did very well, and that was the movie that could have saved the studio, if the Weinstines weren't complete barking idiots. That was their LAST hit. I'm just waiting for them to go completely under at this point.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I can't say how great the movie Inglorious Basterds was. it did very well, and that was the movie that could have saved the studio, if the Weinstines weren't complete barking idiots. That was their LAST hit. I'm just waiting for them to go completely under at this point.
Don't forget The King's Speech which just happened to win Best Picture this year and, if my facts are correct, is Weinstein's highest-grossing film ever. I swear, in the theater back in January when I saw their logo not realizing the movie was released by them, I felt like facepalming right in the theater. :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget The King's Speech which just happened to win Best Picture this year and, if my facts are correct, is Weinstein's highest-grossing film ever. I swear, in the theater back in January when I saw their logo not realizing the movie was released by them, I felt like facepalming right in the theater. :attitude:
Ah! And who wants to bet they blew that money on M&M's they wound up eating off the floor? (I can't remember it, but there was a weird article about them involving eating M&M's off the floor and mismangaing something... MAN, I wish I had it on me right now)

Wait...

Total idiots, the two of them

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Drooling Frakkin' Nimrod.

I'm so glad the Fraggle Rock movie's out of their falling asleep during screenings. eating M&M's off the floor hands.

Mupp

Reaction score
Wait...

Total idiots, the two of them

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Drooling Frakkin' Nimrod.

I'm so glad the Fraggle Rock movie's out of their falling asleep during screenings. eating M&M's off the floor hands.
Sheesh...
How it is humanly possible that two boobs like them could be in charge of a company?
They need to retire.

Yes, on the bright side, thankfully we did not get a Fraggle film that was like the Smurfs movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, on the bright side, thankfully we did not get a Fraggle film that was like the Smurfs movie.
I'm working on the theory that the ONLY reason the Smurfs movie was like that as because of the Fraggle movie.

Though I must say, considering one of the original concepts of the Smurfs movie was that they were dolls that a girl cried to life, I'm much happier they went with the "let's have them run around in New York" plot than a pallid ripoff of the Fat Albert movie. Of course, I'd be much MUCH happier if they stayed the heck in the Middle Ages where they belong. If that's what happens in the sequel, I'll go opening day.

I honestly think Henson should sue Weinstine over mishandling the movie. I just wanna see them go completely under at this point.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I really hope a movie gets made at some point, but... there's nothing to "think about," it's puppets or nothing! :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope a movie gets made at some point, but... there's nothing to "think about," it's puppets or nothing! :stick_out_tongue:
Henson wouldn't allow it any other way. I wouldn't be opposed to CGI assistance, like adding Doozers or extra background Fraggles, but I doubt that anyone at Henson would allow them to make a CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks like Fraggle film.