ABC News Video: Jason Segel, Muppet Savior

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have issues with him being labeled "The Muppet Savior"... no, not in a blasphemous way or anything, I just don't like the idea of people basically crediting him for "saving" the Muppets.

Seriously, if all it took was for someone like him to just submit a script to Disney for a new movie, I'd say anyone, like Prawnie for example, could've done the same... him, I'd gladly dub a Muppet Savior, his fanfics are always top-notch, true to the characters, and are written with a lot of heart and soul, he could probably write a fantastic movie.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I have issues with him being labeled "The Muppet Savior"... no, not in a blasphemous way or anything, I just don't like the idea of people basically crediting him for "saving" the Muppets.

Seriously, if all it took was for someone like him to just submit a script to Disney for a new movie, I'd say anyone, like Prawnie for example, could've done the same... him, I'd gladly dub a Muppet Savior, his fanfics are always top-notch, true to the characters, and are written with a lot of heart and soul, he could probably write a fantastic movie.
Sorry, Snowthy, but Mr. the Segel deserves that credit at this time.

I can tell you're already pre-conditioned to hate the new movie and that's not good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's a health risk. :frown:

Mupp

Reaction score
I agree Duke.

By the way Dsnowth, do you still think that the film has been cancelled, or are you done being "realistic"? :wink:

Its that kind of attitude that drove me away from this site in the first place.

Obviously, there are some members here who are IMPOSSIBLE to please. I am obviously not exaggerating.

beaker

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear there would be no film, no dream renaissance, none of this if it wasn't for Segal aggressively lobbying every day to Disney on the heels of his successful movie and tv show at the time.

Also, nice to finally have a clear copy of the Nightline special! Thank you Real Player Download! ^_^ That Martin Bashir 40th anniversary Sesame special is pretty awesome too, as well as the Kevin Clash interview.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Everyone associated with the Muppets was dragging their feet for years and putting in half-baked attempts before Segel came along with his idea. He could have signed his own ticket for any project with Disney, but he chose the Muppets. Segel was the fresh ingredient to propel Kermit and company from 12 years of cinematic stagnance. Even though i'm not keen on dubbing him a Muppet Jesus, i do give him credit for being the heart behind this project that so many people are responding to.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Obviously, there are some members here who are IMPOSSIBLE to please.
It's really not that simple. Many fans have been burned too many times and it makes perfect sense that they'd been skeptical about another new project. But if the movie is in fact good, I assure you those fans would be pleased.