What if the new movie's DVD contained a bonus disc of existing material?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
you can STILL play dvds on a blu ray player.
this is why DVDS wont officially go away for sometime...because most blu ray players are backwards compatible...really the only format slowly trudging its way out is 3D and that wont be gone for at least another 10-15 years

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeah i WON'T buy the 3D blu rays! cause that would mean for me to buy a 3D tv and 3D blu ray player!

Drtooth

Reaction score
this is why DVDS wont officially go away for sometime...because most blu ray players are backwards compatible...really the only format slowly trudging its way out is 3D and that wont be gone for at least another 10-15 years
DVD's AND Blu will both be obsolete when digital downloads completely take over. But, let's be honest, a lot of people, myself included, want to actually HAVE something we can hold in our hands... something we can find under the Christmas Tree wrapped up in nice paper. Digital downloads don't come with free stickers , posters, or trading cards in the inserts.

3-D was all foresight. Everyone's sick of it, and it doesn't really work unless you're watching CGI cartoons. I was forced to see Captain America and Green Lantern that way, due to the theater I saw them in refusing to have alternate 2-D showings. They looked clunky and weird for the most part, other than some choice special effects, it was almost pointless. However, seeing Kung Fu Panda 2 and Puss in Boots, it looked like it was put to much better use. I could have seen them without and been happy, but they actually looked GOOD that way. With everything trying to be 3-D, all I can see is Betamax.

That said, I stress my television screen's barely bigger than the Trunks bobblehead I have next to it.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
DVD's AND Blu will both be obsolete when digital downloads completely take over.
actually i feel the next step is flash drive movies..or atleast it was trying to be...i remember a few years back Best Buy selling movies on flash drives.....you dont see those anymore

beaker

Reaction score
The thing is, to have a Blu-Ray make any difference at all, you need an expensive TV to watch them all on. That's the station I get off at. I don't buy this whole "I have a home theater so I don't need to go to the movies" crap. Making special features exclusive to Blu Ray is... it's UNAmerican! :attitude: The reason why people even BUY DVD's (at least of movies) is FOR special features. And while there are excusable "there's no surviving footage" cases, there's NO call for movies made in this era that are made specifically for DVD releases not to even have a standard player 2-Disk set or even cull deleted scenes and bloopers the hours of footage they digitally keep. I mean, really... you hear these studios whine about how no one's buying DVD's anymore and just digitally downloading and renting them.. THAT'S WHY, GENIUSES! it's like they're purposely rushing their obsolescence.

If the standard DVD of the Muppet film doesn't at LEAST have all the internet trailers, that will be a major disappointment.
Yeah I could give a flip about 60" LED tvs. Too bright, hurts my eyes. Looks good for 360 and ps3 of course, and maybe its sour grapes because im indigent-core poor. But I just prefer 2000-2003 era "flat" tvs, which were tvs that came out after black CRT tvs of the 80s and 90s and right before actual flat panel lcd tvs. VHS look terrible on lcd screens, and I have a lot of vhs and vhs to dvd transfer stuff I love.

But the main reason is how could I ever replace all my dvds? I have my own massive netflix like dvd collection, and that ugly blue plastic bugs me on blu rays. And number one: I dont like being told I have to switch to something when I dont have to. CD and dvd were amazing and necessary upgrades. Blu ray to me is not.

Sadly the market penetration is now growing, with people being bullied into the blu ray thing...but thankfully dvds still come out. Just to be nice, and as a collector I still buy dvds even tho I still download and burn. But the day studios stop releasing dvds, itll be 100% avi/mp4 to dvdr for me.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know, I think releasing a "The Best of the Muppets" DVD compliacation would be a very good idea for a single disc release, priced at about $10, I mean they did that thing with the Jim Henson shows on that DVD in the 5 dollar bin, so really it's a good idea to include some muppet stuff on a disc. Here's what I think should be on it.
  • The Muppet Show S1 Ep 19: Vincent Price (uncut)
  • The Muppet Show S2 Ep 23: John Cleese
  • The Muppet Show S3 Ep 01: Kris Krisstofferson and Rita Coolidge
  • The Muppet Show S4 Ep 17: The Stars of Star Wars
  • The Muppet Show S5 Ep 24: Rooger Moore
  • Muppetelevision 107: Health/Fitness
  • Muppetelevision 108 Videotape
  • Muppets Tonight S1 Ep 7: Sandra Bullock
  • Muppets Tonight S2 Ep 12: Johnny Fiama Leaves Home
  • The Muppet Movie "Rainbow Connection" clip
  • The Muppet Movie " Moving Right Along" clip
  • The Great Muppet Caper "Hey A Movie" clip
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol "One More Sleep 'Till Christmas" clip
  • Muppet Treasure Island "Cabin Fever" clip
  • The Muppets (2011) "Man or Muppet" clip
  • Muppets Most Wanted "We're Doing a Sequel" clip
Running Time: 300 minutes (approx)

Dvd Name: The Best of the Muppets
Tagline: The Greatest Muppet Stuff Ever Made
Price: $15.99

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
:excited: :excited::excited::excited:You just made me want to sign a petition to get Disney to release your idea on DVD!!!!!!!! `:excited::excited::excited::excited: ( But, I didn't.)