Will Walter become the new Pepe?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
It's OK, I actually didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I figured you meant Walter.
i mustve been tired...either way Walter has finally grown on me,,,not that i learned he is meant to be expressive i can see him continuing on if the story calls for it...my main confusion is his relation to Gary

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
my main confusion is his relation to Gary
Lol, that reminds me of the first time I showed my friend Hey, Cinderella! When the (human) prince came up to the (Muppet) king and says, "Oh Dad!" My friend was like, "Ummm....how is that possible?" Lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed that for some reason they couldn't put any JHH characters in Muppet Snow White. That was the intent... I bet they would have put Digit in eventually.
I wonder if any of the other comic book artists intended on including JHH characters but were told no. The Snow White one's the only one we know of where this situation happened (and even then, I've heard that Bugsy Them appeared in one issue, and I thought I saw Beard in the preview for issue 3. That could have been Zeke, but something about the design looked more "Beard" than "Zeke" to me). I doubt there would have been any such consideration in Muppet Peter Pan (which mainly just had major characters), but I bet Muppet King Arthur would have been a great way to show them (even if only in the audience).

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
What I mean by this is Pepe started out on MT! and gradually became a stand-out character in all subsequent projects. This started out as a good thing: he was enjoyable to watch and audiences welcomed the idea of a new character to stand beside well loved standards like Kermit and Fozzie. But about the time you get to VMX and MWoO, the novelty of Pepe slowly started wearing off. So my question is will Walter (a brand new character that's getting a lot of hype) suffer the same rise and fall as a character as Pepe did?
What does VMX stand for?:confused:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's our abbreviation of "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if any of the other comic book artists intended on including JHH characters but were told no. The Snow White one's the only one we know of where this situation happened (and even then, I've heard that Bugsy Them appeared in one issue, and I thought I saw Beard in the preview for issue 3. That could have been Zeke, but something about the design looked more "Beard" than "Zeke" to me). I doubt there would have been any such consideration in Muppet Peter Pan (which mainly just had major characters), but I bet Muppet King Arthur would have been a great way to show them (even if only in the audience).
Amy managed to sneak a Sesame Street character (Wolfgang the Seal) and the LaChoy dragon in a couple times. Shelli managed to go off copyright completely in cases (though, altered to a parody extent). I gotta take these things all out and flip through them to check that other stuff out.

Really a shame no one tried shoving Digit in the background. I wonder if the JHH characters were just a source of confusion... I swear they were owened by Disney too.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
So far I do love Walter he's just a great character.
Would I mind him taking over Pepe? No I wouldn't
Pepe is definatley not my favorite character (Sorry to all the Pepe lovers out there)
Walter fits right into the Muppets. Pepe not so well.
I don't really like the new characters from Muppets Tonight with the exception of Bobo (come on, who doesn't like Bobo?)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Nobody's getting pushed out, there's room for everyone. We've had Fozzie for years, and Bobo hasn't replaced him.
Was Fozzie ever worried about being replaced by Bobo?
I remeber the Steve Martin episode Fozzie was worried he would be replaced by a funnier bear.
Did that ever happen in Muppets Tonight?
Random Question: did Frank Oz perform in Muppets Tonight?

beaker

Reaction score
Amy managed to sneak a Sesame Street character (Wolfgang the Seal) and the LaChoy dragon in a couple times. Shelli managed to go off copyright completely in cases (though, altered to a parody extent). I gotta take these things all out and flip through them to check that other stuff out.

Really a shame no one tried shoving Digit in the background. I wonder if the JHH characters were just a source of confusion... I swear they were owened by Disney too.
If I was the artist I woulda been sneaking in all sorts of cameos, even if it was just vague sillohette. I woulda put in Digit, Ploobis, Scred, Leon, etc

Ha, I remember La Choy dragon! That was so random for her to put that in there, even most diehard muppet fans may not know about that. Im all about for artists subverting copyright.

I personally do not make distinctions legality wise between the Muppets(tm), Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Bear in the Big Blue House, Hoobs, Mopatop, foreign Sesame, Pajanimals, Henson Alternative brand...to me it's all Muppets in my book