ABC News Video: Jason Segel, Muppet Savior

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one of my genuine fears about the merchandise. Like Frogboy, I'm working more than one job now--Hub, too--and things are still tight because of the economy. I am worried that I am not going to be able to participate as much as I want to in purchasing the Muppet merchandise because I am an adult (perhaps I should say responsible adult), and my responsibility is to take care of my kids (and their toys--LOL!) first. I have birthdays AND Christmas for my bunchkins coming up between now and December 25th.
I can barely afford anything. Guess how many of the Sonic Generations action figures I have. 0 Guess how many Nicktoons Shout released DVD's I bought 0. I'm amazed I had the money to get comic books, and maybe with 2 getting canned, I have a tiny amount more.

I'm going to try and get as much as I can and BEG everyone to grab me something for Christmas. I hate waiting till things hit clearance only to not even get them then. And this isn't a "new economy" thing... It's always been like this for me.

Alvin

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to do something real cool...I just can't get anybody from Disney or the promotion company to get back with me...I am wanting to do a huge event where I have local puppeteers bring their puppet to the movie and make it a big red carpet event. Our AMC theater is very accomodating...we just got done with doing something with Dolphin Tale and now I am wanting to something for the Muppets but can't get any promo items to help me out! But looking forward to seeing people bring in their puppets to the movie!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have a soft spot in my heart for The Muppet Christmas Carol (MMC). The wonderful Jerry Juhl was still around, and he struck the perfect balance between the classic literature of Charles Dickens and the wacky humor of the Muppets. Paul Williams wrote beautiful songs for the picture, including "One More Sleep" and "Bless Us All," and even the spirits bear close resemblance to their descriptions in the book.

All around, MCC is an A-plus picture, and I watch it at least once a year.
It is not that great of a movie.
I could not continue watching after seeing the first ghost of Christmas
WHAT WAS THAT!!!??
Why couldn't they use a Muppet???
I could easily find a Muppet that would fit in to that!!
Janice? Piggy? Anyone??
No one??
They could have brought in a new character!!
Anyway the first few scenes aren't that bad after Marley and Marley it's not worth watchting

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
It is not that great of a movie.
I could not continue watching after seeing the first ghost of Christmas
WHAT WAS THAT!!!??
Why couldn't they use a Muppet???
I could easily find a Muppet that would fit in to that!!
Janice? Piggy? Anyone??
No one??
They could have brought in a new character!!
Anyway the first few scenes aren't that bad after Marley and Marley it's not worth watchting
most of these have to do with casting...remember athis was the first movie with Jim and Richard...it was the test to see what would happen with the muppets...
only select few of their chars had been recast...really none of richards but beaker had been recast...and only Kermit and Waldorf had been recast for Jim. and this was around the time frank was distancing himself even more...he already had a foot out during Jim Henson hour
i have a soft spot for this movie too..its the first muppet movie i saw in theaters

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
most of these have to do with casting...remember athis was the first movie with Jim and Richard...it was the test to see what would happen with the muppets...
only select few of their chars had been recast...really none of richards but beaker had been recast...and only Kermit and Waldorf had been recast for Jim. and this was around the time frank was distancing himself even more...he already had a foot out during Jim Henson hour
i have a soft spot for this movie too..its the first muppet movie i saw in theaters
But I don't get why they used that person to be the first ghost of Christmas
There were no Muppets to use?
It just totally ruined what the Muppets are about and I lost patience watching it.
And I don't think Piggy's in it to the end

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
And I don't think Piggy's in it to the end[/quote]

Sorry i meant she's not in it UNTIL the end

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Something about those movies
Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppet Treasure Island
Muppets From Space

Gonzo is the main character in all of them!!
Why is that?
I sort of like it that Kermit doesn't have to be the main main character in every movie, but why Gonzo every movie??

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Well, Kermit wasn't always the main character in the Muppet universe.

In the 1960's, for example, Rowlf was the Muppets' main everyman character--a role that Kermit would usurp in the 1970's.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Well, Kermit wasn't always the main character in the Muppet universe.

In the 1960's, for example, Rowlf was the Muppets' main everyman character--a role that Kermit would usurp in the 1970's.
Well but he was the main character in The Muppet Show, TMM, TGMC, and TMTM
And is always going to be considered the main Muppet no matter who they focus on in every movie, but I'm fine with that.
It's just the problem with Gonzo getting them all.
Gonzo is'nt a replacement for Kermit.
But in this new movie if Walter's more of a main character than Kermit I'll be fine with that.