Favorite non-Henson puppet shows growing up

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I didn't really watch anything else Puppets
I never even heard of all these other shows

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Does anybody remember a show that featured a full-body puppet dragon and a talking apple tree? :confused:

I vaguely remember watching an episode once and loving it, but I've never figured out what it was called.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Does anybody remember a show that featured a full-body puppet dragon and a talking apple tree? :confused:

I vaguely remember watching an episode once and loving it, but I've never figured out what it was called.
I don't remember a tree, but could it be Dudley the Dragon?

80sRobot

Reaction score
Eureka's Castle and Fred Penner's Place. Two great shows on Nick Jr in the early 90's.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Let's see...
  • Puzzle Place (One character was done by Peter, and then Matt took over)
  • Tots TV
  • Eureka's Castle
  • Lamb Chop's Play Along
  • Between the Lions (Peter Linz was on it!)
Did you guys know Peter Linz was on Between the Lines? And he did two characters on Puzzle Place, and when he left halfway through the run Matt came in and took over both? What fascinating things you learn when its passed midnight and you should be asleep!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I loved Today's Special, although Muffy kinda freaked me out. I don't know why! I also liked Dumbo's Circus, if it counts.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I loved Today's Special, although Muffy kinda freaked me out. I don't know why!
Yup, I remember watching Sesame Street every morning of course but then turning to Nickelodeon for Today's Special. To this day I love the image of department stores at night and I had no idea why, but looking back it's definitely because of this show. It was just very atmospheric and unique (it helps that they filmed in an actual department store!).

I'm glad TV Ontario put some episodes online because it's doubtful the show will be on DVD anytime soon.

I also liked Dumbo's Circus, if it counts.
Yeah I'd say that counts. Another show I'd watch all the time. I was actually more familiar with it than the original Dumbo cartoon, lol.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I *loved* puppet shows as a child. I still watch them when they're on.
My favorites were:
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
Eureeka's Castle (Magellan rocked!)
Lambchop

One of my students brought in a Lambchop puppet for show-and-tell a few weeks ago and I just about died from all of the sweet nostalgia lol.