ABC News Video: Jason Segel, Muppet Savior

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The thing is that all the wacky Muppet characters have split up; the monsters, frogs, sheep etc. Adding other Muppets would contradict the rest of the movie. The big finale should certainly make up for that.
Wonderfully well put, Oscarfan.

On a side note, I still can't help but wonder what made Frogboy jump to the conclusionthat the dancers in that sequence were Disneyland parade cast members.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I still can't help but wonder what made Frogboy jump to the conclusionthat the dancers in that sequence were Disneyland parade cast members.
he didnt mean anything by it just that they where people not muppets....its a fact people who work for disney in parks are called cast members....he was just saying how this group look more like that than muppet movie cast members

Drtooth

Reaction score
I finally started seeing some new TV spots. One narrated by Walter introducing the character. Came on during 2 Broke Girls, even though it SHOULD have been during How I met your Mother (show the writer and main human is in... HELLO! Made more sense that way). Now's the time we should be seeing it every commercial break, or at LEAST once during every show. We're going to be literally flooded with certain Penguin movie adds next week (when it's released), and I hope the loud obnoxious noise that thing makes doesn't eclipse this film.

The stakes of the Muppets doing well are seeing new movies, TV shows (or at LEAST specials), and more collectible merchandise... the stakes of Happy Feet 2 would be a Happy Feet three. NO ONE wants that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The thing is that all the wacky Muppet characters have split up; the monsters, frogs, sheep etc. Adding other Muppets would contradict the rest of the movie. The big finale should certainly make up for that.
I do understand the premise of the film. I've followed it from the beginning. That's why i said muppety foods and objects rather than actual Muppets. That sequence just seems a little saccharine for a Muppet movie. Maybe it will fit in better with context.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do understand the premise of the film. I've followed it from the beginning. That's why i said muppety foods and objects rather than actual Muppets. That sequence just seems a little saccharine for a Muppet movie. Maybe it will fit in better with context.
I'd say the foods were either taken with them or eaten.:wink:

Yeah, I think the concept is the song is the OVERLY positive happy song that's in one of those kids of musicals. At first I felt the thing was supposed to be a sarcastic gag, now I think of it as an homage to that sort of thing.

Still sounds like My Chemical Romance compared to that AWFUL Tomorrow song from that horrid musical Annie. Sorry, but the ONLY comic strip based musicals for me concern round headed kids and their dogs with hyper imaginations.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wonderfully well put, Oscarfan.

On a side note, I still can't help but wonder what made Frogboy jump to the conclusionthat the dancers in that sequence were Disneyland parade cast members.
It was a rhetorical comment because in my opinion the exaggerated movements look more like themepark-based dancers than cinematic dancers as featured in GMC's opening sequence "Hey A Movie". It may look better in context, but was not the type of musical number I envisioned when hearing the soundtrack recording.

Duke Remington: Quit harassing forum members who disagree with you. There's a pattern of your trying to steer thread discussions away from anything that deviates from your opinion. Personal commentary is communication and is not always negative, but your attempts at bullying certainly are! You had an opportunity to cease responses to my post. You continued. Duke, you were doing so well here for a while and now this notorious pattern of behavior has begun again. This is supposed to be a pleasant thread for all points of view, not a place for you to pick on people who make statements you don't like. We're all fans here. Moderators have taken action about this very thing before so you should know better than this by now. Let's enjoy the discussion and ALL points of view. Thank you!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I was not harassing you or anyone else, Frogboy. I was just asking a simple question, trying to understand your point of view, and do not wish to be misunderstood. That's all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was not harassing you, Frogboy. I was just asking a simple question, trying to understand your point of view. That's all.
No, you were not. This is the same thing you always do!

The way you continually pick at statements you disagree with is like when a child keeps asking "Why?" to an adult in order to wear them down until they relent to your point of view. It's subversive bullying and you've been warned before.

Please reassess your dealings with me and other forum members. The issue is not coming from us. Either drop this continued harassment or it will be reported. You are derailing yet another discussion.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ordinarily i might agree, but given that the opening takes place in Smalltown before the trio go to visit Los Angeles, it makes perfect sense that the only Muppet present is Walter - not even any food or inanimate objects...Walter's being the only Muppet where he lives is what makes meeting other Muppets so wondrous. Conceptually and artistically, Walter should be the only Muppet at that point.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ordinarily i might agree, but given that the opening takes place in Smalltown before the trio go to visit Los Angeles, it makes perfect sense that the only Muppet present is Walter - not even any food or inanimate objects...Walter's being the only Muppet where he lives is what makes meeting other Muppets so wondrous. Conceptually and artistically, Walter should be the only Muppet at that point.
Yeah, i guess it just bothers me that small town's happiness seems a little more exaggerated than human characters should be. Maybe it makes more sense in the context of the film. The soundtrack vocals seemed muppety so i expected something of that sort.

On another note, i am impressed about the closing musical number (reprise) after watching the recent choreographer interview. Also the recent glimpse into the shooting behind Pictures in my Head looks like it will be one of the highlights of the film.