Will Walter become the new Pepe?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Random Question: did Frank Oz perform in Muppets Tonight?
Yes. This is before his characters were recast by Eric, which is why his characters were semi-regular rather than in every episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Really a shame no one tried shoving Digit in the background. I wonder if the JHH characters were just a source of confusion... I swear they were owened by Disney too.
You know, in the first issue, after Kermit does the closing number, I noticed a character backstage who looks a bit Digit-like. Robin's hand is in the way of the characters nose, but this character is green, his head shape reminds me of Digit's head shape, he looks like he's wearing a labcoat, and his hair is a little bit up (though not as tall as Digit's, more like the size of Scooter's hair. Somehow I'd expect Roger Langridge to draw Digit's hair a little longer). The eyes seem to be a bit rounder, though.

It could have just been a coincidence. I'm not sure how familiar Roger Langridge is/was with Digit or The Jim Henson Hour (though I know he used Muppet Wiki for character reference). I've seen an interview with him where he said he saw Muppets Tonight a few times, but haven't seen any comments with him saying he'd seen the show.

Most of the characters in that panel/scene are familiar characters, and while Digit's not really a familiar character to casual fans, it is odd for that scene to just have one random original design in a crowd of already-designed characters. Though after checking that panel I noticed another original design, right behind Gonzo, who sort of looks like a miscolored Mumford. The headshape is almost the same, and he appears to have eyebrows but no eyes (or maybe it was really scrinted eyes), was bald with hair around the side of his head, and had a mustahce. But the head looked gray to me and the nose was blue.

I've also noticed a few instances where the audience includes a bald guy with a round nose and big ears. I wonder if this might be meant to be Sam from Sam and Friends.

We may never know. If Langridge did intend to include these characters would be avoid admitting it?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i actuly think walter will be like scooter rowlf pepe rizzo and those characters like kind of background but still around in everything they do

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
i actuly think walter will be like scooter rowlf pepe rizzo and those characters like kind of background but still around in everything they do
Except Rowlf and Scooter appear to be pushing their way back into the spot light, rapidly.