The Muppets, The Movie Junior Novel

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------
Haven't seen the book around here anywhere...but the library has copies on order, and I have one of those reserved. Thanks for the reviews without true spoilers -- I will probably hold off on reading it until I see the film!

-----------------------

muppetlover123

Reaction score
muppetlover123, don't worry about the ending. I doubt the movie itself will end like that. Books like these (ESPECIALLY when they come out BEFORE the movie) typically change the ending or cut off before the real one so the movie's ending isn't spoiled for theater viewing.

Besides: worst-case scenario: even if (and that's a big if) the movie does end like that, then that just screams "Sequel on the way..."
o true lol i agree

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was a little shocked by the way it ended, though it still provides a happy ending, in a way. If the movie ends differently then I'll mention what happends in the book after it comes out (assuming nobody else does first).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a few things I noticed a
about the book, unless I missed them. I hope they aren't too spoiler-y, but what I've noticed:
*The book doesn't neccessarily show how Animal goes back to playing the drums, though I assume we'll see how in the movie.
*There's no mention of Uncle Deadley's past association with the Muppets. It's said that Walter has seen every episode, but he doesn't seem to recognize Deadley as a Muppet. Unless in the movie's universe Uncle Dadley was NOT part of The Muppet Show.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I have the book already, but I didn't read it yet, I don't want the story to be spoiled.
The Temptation is too hard, MUST READ BOOK!
I'll be surprised if November 23rd comes and I haven't read the book

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was a little shocked by the way it ended, though it still provides a happy ending, in a way. If the movie ends differently then I'll mention what happends in the book after it comes out (assuming nobody else does first).
Don't say how it ends!!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've read it, and I can see spots in which the movie was abbreviated and simplified. I'm not worried about the ending, myself, I think that was one of those simplifications.

Frogster

Reaction score
There's a few things I noticed a
about the book, unless I missed them. I hope they aren't too spoiler-y, but what I've noticed:
*The book doesn't neccessarily show how Animal goes back to playing the drums, though I assume we'll see how in the movie.
*There's no mention of Uncle Deadley's past association with the Muppets. It's said that Walter has seen every episode, but he doesn't seem to recognize Deadley as a Muppet. Unless in the movie's universe Uncle Dadley was NOT part of The Muppet Show.
Agreed... you also have to count that Pepe wasn't around back then either.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think Dr.Tooth has asked about what the point of junior novels are, and something hit me: Reading the junior novel of this movie gives you a good enough idea of the movie (even if there are differences and scenes not in the book), so those of us who have read it can focus more on trying to spot as many characters as we can. Those who saw the movie early don't remember seeing Clifford or any MT character not in the promos... We can try to see if we can spot them!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As those of us who have read the book and seen the movie know, there are many scenes in the book not in the movie. One scene not in the movie involves a member of the audience who does an act, scamming the audience into putting their wallets in a sack which he runs off with. After the telephone lines stop working, Kermit informs them that they only need a dollar donated but somebody in the audience says that their wallets were all stolen, though this is contradicted after Walter does his whistling act, which Statler thinks is worth a dollar and drops from the balcony, which gets blown away by the wind.

It makes me wonder if they didn't realise they had the money or if they wanted the theater to be destroyed. The official character bios say that they don't realise that Tex Richman intended on tearing down the theater, "which would put an end to their balcony - and their heckling!" (though that quote comes off as odd... they've heckled outside their balcony many times over the years)

I was kind of expecting them to help save the theater by the end. It is a shame that we don't get any such scene.