Muppet Movie Clip: "Walter's Great Idea"

beaker

Reaction score
Agreed. I was really skeptical at first, but he is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Plus he just reminds me of all of us. I saw an interview where he basically said, "Disney, why haven't you released the fourth season of The Muppet Show?" and then he went on to list all the replicas he owned of Muppets, and I just laughed because it was something I'd expect to see in one of our forums. He just embodies all of us. You can't not love that.

And I know a lot of people aren't fond of Pepe - I should know, I used to be one of them - but the guy's grown on me. I've grown to love him. :rolleyes:
Have you seen the longer clip from the world premiere or the google hangout? I love how Linz tries to balance Walter's unbridled "I can't believe this is happening" geeking out with trying to act cool and collected. Linz has the balance and essence of a muppet fan who got the dream of a lifetime fulfilled down pretty well. So far I've just seen him interacting with Kermit and Piggy, but I'm curious to see the chemistry that gets played off of other characters. I can just imagine Animal furrowing his brow, Scooter finding a good relatable friend and Pepe and Rizzo messing with him but ultimately hatching some goofy scheme.

I definitely am curious how the team will use him in post movie specials/films/online content/etc and where he'll eventually settle within the Muppet world. Sadly, once top spotlighted Muppets like Bean and Clifford have now been retired it seems.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Have you seen the longer clip from the world premiere or the google hangout? I love how Linz tries to balance Walter's unbridled "I can't believe this is happening" geeking out with trying to act cool and collected. Linz has the balance and essence of a muppet fan who got the dream of a lifetime fulfilled down pretty well. So far I've just seen him interacting with Kermit and Piggy, but I'm curious to see the chemistry that gets played off of other characters. I can just imagine Animal furrowing his brow, Scooter finding a good relatable friend and Pepe and Rizzo messing with him but ultimately hatching some goofy scheme.

I definitely am curious how the team will use him in post movie specials/films/online content/etc and where he'll eventually settle within the Muppet world. Sadly, once top spotlighted Muppets like Bean and Clifford have now been retired it seems.
I actually haven't watched the hangout yet. I'm still kicking myself about missing it, because I was at home when it happened and I knew it was going on, but I was so confused about what a hangout was I didn't bother. I do have the recorded hangout from youtube sitting in my bookmarks at home on my browser. I need to get around to watching it.

Yeah, I'm loving Walter and the way Linz conducts him. He's just such a gracious, happy-go-lucky, sweet, funny guy. I have been wondering how he's going to fit in after this movie, but I figured if the movie does well (and I'm assuming it will) than they wont have any problem keeping him around. And I'm greatly looking forward to seeing him interact with everyone else! In interviews he's always talking about how terrifying all his scenes with Miss Piggy were, but I'm excited to see how he reacts around Fozzie and Rowlf and the rest of the gang. (The idea of Rizzo and Pepe messing with him put a huge smile on my face, letmetellyouthat)

I never really got to know Clifford, since I've never seen Muppets Tonight (it's all floating around on youtube. I need to get around to that), but I adore Bean. I wish he'd come back.

beaker

Reaction score
I actually haven't watched the hangout yet. I'm still kicking myself about missing it, because I was at home when it happened and I knew it was going on, but I was so confused about what a hangout was I didn't bother. I do have the recorded hangout from youtube sitting in my bookmarks at home on my browser. I need to get around to watching it.

Yeah, I'm loving Walter and the way Linz conducts him. He's just such a gracious, happy-go-lucky, sweet, funny guy. I have been wondering how he's going to fit in after this movie, but I figured if the movie does well (and I'm assuming it will) than they wont have any problem keeping him around. And I'm greatly looking forward to seeing him interact with everyone else! In interviews he's always talking about how terrifying all his scenes with Miss Piggy were, but I'm excited to see how he reacts around Fozzie and Rowlf and the rest of the gang. (The idea of Rizzo and Pepe messing with him put a huge smile on my face, letmetellyouthat)

I never really got to know Clifford, since I've never seen Muppets Tonight (it's all floating around on youtube. I need to get around to that), but I adore Bean. I wish he'd come back.
Aw, well the government hasn't shut down piratebay or torrentz.com down yet...I was able to get Season 4 and 5 of TMS, all 7 seasons of Muppet Babies and both seasons off Muppets Tonight from there(errr, of varying quality) Have you seen The Jim Henson Hour? It's been a bit dizzying trying to find all the latest videos Disney is releasing, stuff from interviews, clips, and the weekly archive Henson and Sesame channel unspools every week. My mom's a massively huge Muppet fanatic, so whenever I get to see her I like surprising her with dvdrs filled with that stuff. I finally got around converting all my old vhs tapes to digital last year, so much good stuff that'll probably never hit dvd or even youtube. Muppets tonight is interesting, as it's clear they were trying to do something new and boistrous without the main Muppets...on a lot of levels I think it works. Though I in a way prefer Clifford from the Jim Henson Hour. Aww, glad you dig Bean! He's got a lot of spunk for just a little fellow.

Ive become a really big fan of performer's nuanced skills, stuff maybe a lot of people might not notice but really adds depth to characters. Like I love the facial expressions and mannerisms from what I've seen of Walter...he's just so darn cute and adorkable! Im hoping Linz films more clips of Walter geeking out like one of us and referencing fandom stuff. I really had no idea how they'd handle the Walter character from reading bits and pieces of the film synopsis, so I was pleasantly surprised with the Walter and Gary clips and then that quick interview. He's totally how I'd be if I was on the set. Yeah Miss Piggy in recent interviews makes it clear she has no love or respect for her fellow Muppets, other than Kermit...which is kind of unfortunate. She's become almost more harsh while Kermit's become less arm flailingly quick to get bent out of shape...I'd love to see Piggy and Oscar the Grouch having a quick aside.

To me there's not enough Pepe and Rizzo moments. For the last decade we've seen glimpses of their shenanigans and chemistry together, but I'd love to see more of it. I can totally imagine them playing around with naive Walter, and then convincing him to go on some epic prank. I'm kind of sad Pepe and Rizzo are MIA in a lot of this movie. But if the muppets.com and youtube web video exclusive content is any indication, there'll be a lot more new content coming.

I also have to say, Im glad Gonzo is back to super argyle nerdcore...he's totally my fashion inspiration on some days! :3

Muppetfan2011

Reaction score
I'm going to see The Muppets Sunday night can't wait, I'll be the one with a Kermit baseball cap and probably one of my Animal tees

tutter_fan

Reaction score
You know what? That "I've Got A Great Idea!" part in the movie was top notch! I thought it was GREAT and it was quite funny too!