Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know others have said this, but what the heck, I'll say it too: It was also just so great to see the "classic six" Muppet Characters back together again for this - No Pepe or Animal, just these guys
The fact that they left Animal behind for Scooter made me pretty happy. I love Animal, but it's like people tend to think he's the only Muppet.

Puckrox

Reaction score
The fact that they left Animal behind for Scooter made me pretty happy. I love Animal, but it's like people tend to think he's the only Muppet.
This.

I too love Animal, but it's always sort of bothered me while the other Muppets went into submission he was the only one who stayed on T-shirts and basically stayed a fashion fad.

beaker

Reaction score
Just watched it again...HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THIS:
LAND OF GORCH picture and reference from Scooter in the opening ^___^;;
So awesomely awesome *loves Scred*

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Ya, the Land of Gorch picture made me happy, I dont think many non hardcore Muppet fans remember Gorch anymore, even though when I hear "SNL" its the first thing I think of lol.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
Ya, the Land of Gorch picture made me happy, I dont think many non hardcore Muppet fans remember Gorch anymore, even though when I hear "SNL" its the first thing I think of lol.
I loved the Land of Gorch! SNL writers had a tough time writing good skits for them so some episodes were better than others. But either way, the characters were really funny. I wish they could have lasted longer but if they had, we wouldn't have seen The Muppet Show when we did. :smile:

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty old thread, but Seth Meyers talked about this SNL appearance recently when Jason Segel was a guest on his show. Seth had the following to say:

"We got to write, with Jason, a song for the Muppets. And it went really well at dress rehearsal, and at air... I don't want to call out a Muppet by name, but one of the Muppets blew their line at air. And it was one of the funniest moments because you're just backstage with a bunch of writers, and we're watching it, and a Muppet blows his line, and it's that great moment where you're like 'Ah, <expletive> Gonzo'. He was supposed to say 'I guess the chicken's out of the bag' and hold up a chicken. Instead he said 'I guess the cat's out of the bag', which is just what it is. And it was great though because you could see Gonzo realize he made a mistake. Not to reveal too much, but what's even worse about it is they're under the thing, they're reading it. It's not like they had to memorize it."

I don't really know what he's talking about though. It sounds to me like Gonzo got the line right. Maybe Seth was confused and it was actually during rehearsal that the mistake was made.

terrimonster

Reaction score
I don't really know what he's talking about though. It sounds to me like Gonzo got the line right. Maybe Seth was confused and it was actually during rehearsal that the mistake was made.
The version available online (and in reruns) uses the take from dress rehearsal. I watched it live and he blew the line. I didn't know what it was supposed to be, but it was obvious he had messed up.

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
The version available online (and in reruns) uses the take from dress rehearsal. I watched it live and he blew the line. I didn't know what it was supposed to be, but it was obvious he had messed up.
Aha! Thanks for the clarification. I do have the original broadcast recorded somewhere, but I lazily just looked for it online. I'll go watch the original.