Votes: 11 31.4%
  • The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MerryCakes

Reaction score
"Bein' Green" vs "The Rainbow Connection"

I have to say that I do prefer "The Rainbow Connection." I don't really know WHY, but I think it's because the melody is better, and I am definitely a melody person! I do like "Bein' Green," (the IDEA mostly)but it just doesn't sound as good to my ears.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Definitely Bein' Green. It's made this grown man almost tear up. Almost. :wink:

markit

Reaction score
My vote predictably goes to...BEIN' GREEN!

In my opinion it's THE signature tune of the Muppets, next to the Muppet Show theme (closely followed by Mahna mahna?!:smile:) and it captures the innocence and the spirit of both the Muppets and Jim Henson with a beautifully understated and emotional performance.
And when it can be sung by a legendary performer like Ray Charles, that makes you realise just how great a song it is, it works on so many levels and teaches us to believe in ourselves and be proud of who you are(human or amphibian:wink:), no matter your colour, which is quite a bold statement..coming from a frog :smile:

As much as I love Paul Williams Muppet songs and Rainbow Connection, it doesn't quite connect with me(if you'll pardon the pun) and the lyrics don't resonate so much as Bein Green, but still a great song and probably in my Top 10 favourite Muppet songs.

TripleG

Reaction score
Its all about Rainbow Connection for me. I'll be honest, Bein' Green was never one of my favorites. The only time it ever hit me deep was during Jim Henson's memorial when Big Bird sang it (even though he's yellow...lol).

Rainbow Connection is just a more powerful song to me and truly embodies the kind of effect The Muppets have on me in general. Its just very heartfelt & it feels like Jim Henson poured his heart into the song, as he did everything else he had a hand in.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I say rainbow connection because I have my own personal interpretation of the song.

Find your rainbow connection.
No one else may belive in your dream,
But let the dream call to you.