The 10 Worst Muppets?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Walter's future appearances depend on how the movie goes. I have no doubt we'd see him again, but he'd definitely be a second or third string character. Angelo, however, was a one time thing. He isn't even being recycled as a background puppet.
If Walter would continue, all I can see him doing say in a new Muppet tv series is working with Scooter, being another goffer, other than that, that's it.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I can't stand Rizzo personally, and the fact he featured so prominently in the later muppet movies ruined them for me. Yet characters that used to be main players - Rowlf, Scooter etc barely featured at all.
Especially Scooter, it's like the team always gets a new person to perform Scooter. There's never a stable Scooter. David R. Is pretty good from what I've heard so far, Brain Henson was great in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (I was watching it last night LOL), but I thought Richard Hunt's brother Adam is it? Adam Hunt? When he voiced Scooter in Muppets From Space, THAT MY FRIENDS WAS AMAZING! THAT SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE RICHARD! It's too bad that Adam was only there for that one time voicing Scooter.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
For Walter that would be living the dream!:batty::insatiable::smile:
You know what would be really really funny, is if Walter had a relative who was best friends with J.P. Gross. LOL

It's too bad J.P.Gross kind of got killed off in a deleted scene in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

I always liked Scooter's excuse on The Muppet Show "Well My Uncle owns this theater and..." LOL Classic

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I loved Scooter, and Sweetums - Richard Hunt had the best characters.
You know one of the things that I liked about Richard Hunt's performances is that from time to time, he would always have a loud New Yorker character either on screen or off screen. An example of that is on the 80s direct to video combo from 1985 I'm guessing, It was called: Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff. And in there Gonzo was showing off his so called mansion or summer home even though he was trying to hide the fact that it was just a trailer home. LOL Anyway Richard Hunt would be the voice of Gonzo's New Yorker Landlord "HEY BUZZARD BEAK!!! WHERE'S MY RENT MONEY????" LOL No one could do that better than Richard Hunt LOL

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
yes, remember that too. Glad to see Scooter features prominently in the new Muppets movie trailer.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I don't think that there is a necessarily "WORSE" or "BAD" Muppet characters. They are just ones that are disliked by a number of people. I'm sure that you can find a reason to dislike Kermit or Miss Piggy the same as others can dislike Bean Bunny or Scooter. Personally, I like them all for different reasons, BUT some of them have to be in small doses or they really get either annoying or don't work. Like Pepe, he's not the most liked character, he gets annoying at times, but sometimes, he may have a line or 2 that would be kind of funny and he'll work in small doses. He may not be a good lead Muppet, or one that you can write a movie around, but he might be able to make a joke or 2 work. Just like Rizzo, once they started making him more of a sidekick to Gonzo, I think that relationship clicked and there was a reason to like Rizzo. I think that a lot of these "worst" on the list, and even on the list provided are a good example of characters that work by not being pushed a lot. Like Scooter, after a while the whole "Gee, my uncle wouldn't mind" and Kermit giving in thing got a little old, but he's still a good character. Wayne and Wanda were good as a running gag, and Janice is great at delivering the one line after everybody shuts up where she doesn't realize everybody stopped talking. Bunsen, when paired with Beaker, is a great example of "background comedy" where something funny in happening in the background and the guy in the foreground has no clue and just talking straight. The Bears weren't much of a "character" except one who was a security guard in Muppets From Space. The rest of the list would probably have been better in smaller doses(although I DO agree a little about Robin that he would have been better as a Sesame Street character, but he wasn't bad) but everybody has their opinion.

Daniel

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
yeh, it's all a matter of opinion I guess. I do actually quite like Pepe: "I'll spank you like a bad bad donkey" one of the best quotes in any Muppet movie, ****, any film full stop I'd say!