How to start a new thread

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how to start a new thread? I have an article I would like to post. When I start a new thread there is no message box just an area for a poll.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how to start a new thread? I have an article I would like to post. When I start a new thread there is no message box just an area for a poll.
You go to the top of the page and click "POST NEW THREAD"
But this doesn't work if you're on "What's New"

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I click on the Post New thread button in blue
I get a box to enter the title and then some selections to post a poll but nowhere to enter an actual message. I don't want to start a poll, I want to start a new thread.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you seeing this after you start a new thread? If not, please let us know what browser and version number you are using.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I am using Firefox 9.0 No I am not seeing that. I am seeing a place to start a poll

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Oh, and I can't start a conversation with somebody either.
I get a place for participants and a place for the title but no place to put a message. If I click on start a conversation I get an error message that states:

Please enter a valid message.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I downloaded Explorer 8 and can post new threads from that but not from Firefox 9.0

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After doing some research this is an issue with the Firefox 9 beta and how it handles the post editor.

For you or anyone using the Firefox 9 beta, this will be corrected here in the near future when our forum software is updated. I'll announce the rollout of the update before it happens in our "Announcements" forum.

In the meantime, some Firefox 9 users have experienced success by refreshing the create a thread posting page multiple times and the text box should properly appear.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
After doing some research this is an issue with the Firefox 9 beta and how it handles the post editor.

For you or anyone using the Firefox 9 beta, this will be corrected here in the near future when our forum software is updated. I'll announce the rollout of the update before it happens in our "Announcements" forum.

In the meantime, some Firefox 9 users have experienced success by refreshing the create a thread posting page multiple times and the text box should properly appear.
How do you post a picture on a post?
I tried but it always asks me for a URL of the picture, and my pictures that I want to post are on my computer and when I try that it doesn't work

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
How do you post a picture on a post?
I tried but it always asks me for a URL of the picture, and my pictures that I want to post are on my computer and when I try that it doesn't work
A bit late, but it you have not figured it out yet you need to upload the picture to an image host like photobucket or imageshack. Then use the direct url