Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yes. It HAS been filmed, and bits appear in some of the trailers, though I'd have to go look at them all again to tell you which ones...
I was referring to the actual wedding, not the aftermath. In the book it includes a portion of the wedding, with Kermit saying "I thought Gonzo was going to play the priest" (a difference from how the movie referred to him as a "minister", but that's just a junior novel). Was that an actual clip (from MTM) or a reshot version of the scene?

12Medbe

Reaction score
I loved the semi "Muppet Newsflash" bits during the last bits of the Telethon. What really touched me was the audience in my local theater, joining in on Rainbow Connection and Life's a Happy Song finale, I've never seen people singing at a movie theater before!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I loved the semi "Muppet Newsflash" bits during the last bits of the Telethon. What really touched me was the audience in my local theater, joining in on Rainbow Connection and Life's a Happy Song finale, I've never seen people singing at a movie theater before!
I should have gone to your theater. I saw it this morning at 11:20 (first showing) and there were about 15 or so people watching the movie and nothing happened...

12Medbe

Reaction score
I should have gone to your theater. I saw it this morning at 11:20 (first showing) and there were about 15 or so people watching the movie and nothing happened...............
Towards the lunch hour eh? People must've been hungry, haha.

Another note, I loved Wayne and Wanda's little moment after the electrical problem was fixed, they haven't lost their touch!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Right now my big wish is that this film gets the Royal Dvd treatment with a new extended edit of the film alongside a "theatrical cut" Again, the film itself was wonderful...but SO much wasted potential and knowing it could have been so much MORE.
I think we all wish for the DVD to have lots of deleted scenes and bonus material.

I know you've mentioned this a few times, but I can't remember the threads and don't feel like searching every thread I expect it to be brought up in, but you've said that in the script there was some sort of surprise during the recreation of the opening. Was this same surprise in the finished film? I've heard the audio from that version and I didn't notice anything from listening to the audio (well, I noticed some celebrity singing the "why don't you get things started?" line, if that's it).

goldengonzo

Reaction score
I loved it. I kept hoping for more Pepe and any Rizzo, but I guess they stuck to their original Muppets guns, except for Bobo.

12Medbe

Reaction score
The Celebrity singing "Why don't you get things started" was present, but it makes sense though. There wasn't actually an audience to start with, soon the audience had a hobo, and "Why don't you get things started" was sung by the hobo. I liked it.

Anyway, I hope this movie gets valuable treatment, all the muppety goodness we've seen on TV/YouTube (The guest appearances, interviews, trailers, trailer spoofs). I too hope for Deleted Scenes/Behind The Scenes/Outtakes as well, I think Jason could be very well put in charge of the DVD release, maybe. If only we could write Disney and ask for a crammed packed DVD.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I loved it! I give it 5 stars! Frank Oz was wrong about the script not being good! No offense, Frank.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Was also thrilled to see Marvin Suggs return, and even have a line in the finale!

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I got back from seeing this about an hour ago, and I'm still giddy with pure joy over the experience!

Huge adult crowd (some had kids in tow, but from what I observed most of them were without rugrats), who got into it just as much as my sister and I did. Everyone was having a great time! Every single joke hit it's mark, and every single heartstring was pulled. It was a beautiful tribute to the Jim Henson era, pretty much flawless in my eyes, and I can't wait to see it again!

To say I loved it would be an understatement, but it's the best I can do to describe how wonderful I thought it was.

I'd like to declare a well-earned round of applause for the writers/cast/and crew who put so much love and effort into this film. I still can't get the smile off my face! :smile: