Another "What If" Scenario

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is something I've been thinking about...

We know that part of the conception of Abby was to avoid giving her just another traditional Muppet look and design, because she wasn't meant to represent just another traditional Muppet character... well, that was pretty much part of Jim's goal in making Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, to conceive worlds and settings and creatures that were unlike any other of his traditional Muppet fair.

So, suppose say Jim was still around, still active with SST, and SW still wanted to conceive such a character like Abby: wanting to avoid making her look like just another Muppet, do you suppose Jim and the Creature Shop would have, instead, designed her to look more like, say, some sort of a creature out of those kind of darker fantasy worlds, but with a slightly less "menacing" look?

And on a similar note, we know Jim was also really big into animation, and with the advancements made in recent years, as evident in Abby's Flying Fairy School, do you think Jim would have his hands in such segments, or other similar projects that involved CGI Muppets?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
This is something I've been thinking about...

We know that part of the conception of Abby was to avoid giving her just another traditional Muppet look and design, because she wasn't meant to represent just another traditional Muppet character... well, that was pretty much part of Jim's goal in making Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, to conceive worlds and settings and creatures that were unlike any other of his traditional Muppet fair.

So, suppose say Jim was still around, still active with SST, and SW still wanted to conceive such a character like Abby: wanting to avoid making her look like just another Muppet, do you suppose Jim and the Creature Shop would have, instead, designed her to look more like, say, some sort of a creature out of those kind of darker fantasy worlds, but with a slightly less "menacing" look?

And on a similar note, we know Jim was also really big into animation, and with the advancements made in recent years, as evident in Abby's Flying Fairy School, do you think Jim would have his hands in such segments, or other similar projects that involved CGI Muppets?
She would probalby be a Hoggle or Ludo like character, and lovable but a bit alarming when you first met her. Would they maker her like a Skesis? No. Skesis are threatening in both appearence and personality. Ludo might startle children for a minute, but they'll soon realize he's a big Teddy Bear.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm trying to picture Ludo with her voice and purple hair in bunches.

I can't UNSEE the things I hear!!!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I'm trying to picture Ludo with her voice and purple hair in bunches.

I can't UNSEE the things I hear!!!
Sorry about that Beau!
"Ha ha ha sure Sarah I'll help you get your brother back! And if Jareth bothers me I'll poof him!"I am the only who could hear her say that?

Beauregard

Reaction score
"My mommy told me Never to go into the Goblin city, and so I'll come with you just to the gates. And if you need any help, you just call and I'll wave my wand from there and make something magic."

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Sarah"ABBY USE YOUR MAGIC SO WE CAN"T GET ACROSS THIS STENCH!"
Abby-"It's not nice to use magic on living creatures!"
Hoggle-"(sigh DO SOMETHING!
Abby-(hits Didymus on the head with her wand by accident)Oops sorry!
Didymus-Let us be siblings henceforth!
Abby-"(giggling"
Hoggle-That didn't go as planned.
Sarah-No it didn't!"