Dream DVD Extras for 'The Muppets' DVD

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I don't know if this thread has been made before. I apologize if it has. I looked and couldn't find one.

I post this not having seen the movie yet - since I'm from the UK - but this is something I've been thinking about for months - being the nerd that I am. Disney have obviously done a really good job promoting the movie and I hope they also do the same when the DVD comes out.

I think I read that there had been a table read filmed exclusively for the DVD. I can't remember for sure now.

But anyway, what extras would you love there to be? I know it'll be a while yet till the DVD is released but I thought it'd be a neat topic.

For one thing, I would love there to be two commentaries:

1) Jason Segel, Nick Stoller and James Bobin
2) Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Eric Jacobson, David Rudman, Matt Vogel and Peter Linz

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I definitely expect all the trailers, DELETED SCENES, a clip from the table read (they filmed it), maybe some clips from their promotional appearances (specifically the Dancing with the Stars one) and the OK Go/Forget You music videos.

Puckrox

Reaction score
For one thing, I would love there to be two commentaries:

1) Jason Segel, Nick Stoller and James Bobin
2) Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Eric Jacobson, David Rudman, Matt Vogel and Peter Linz
Oh man, my thoughts exactly! I'd love to have multiple commentaries, but I'm mostly just hoping for one that has all the Muppeteers. That would be amazing beyond amazing.

I too would love to have footage of the table read, and just a slew of deleted scenes. I'm crossing my fingers for some Gonzo-centric deleted scenes, and maybe on that actually involves Rizzo (if there were a Rizzo-Gonzo reunion I'd die of happiness).

Also, lots of interviews would be fabulous, especially with The Muppeteers. Maybe with them sharing their insight on filming the movie, working with Muppets, and such. I'd love to see more Dave and Steve interviews, especially when they're together! They play so well off of each other.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
...I regret not adding BLOOPERS. These are always the highlight of any Muppet DVD.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
that would be cool if they showed the puppeteers throughout the whole movie so watching it while seeing the performers do there magic

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Do you think they'll have the Toy Story short on the DVD? They didn't have Tokyo Mater on the Bolt DVD

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
All these things people have posted so far sound so awesome! :big_grin:

Again, I say this having not seen the movie yet but it seems like a Muppet Fan's dream come true. I really hope the DVD will be the same!

Do you think they'll have the Toy Story short on the DVD? They didn't have Tokyo Mater on the Bolt DVD
When I went to see Toy Story 3 at the cinema, I remember there being an animated short called "Night and Day" shown before the movie. I think this was included on the DVD so I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The main features that I want:
  • Audio commentary
  • Deleted scenes and outtakes (if the DVD could only have one of the two and I could pick I'd pick deleted scenes)
  • A behind-the-scenes featurette (or two or three)
  • A scene-by-scene comparison between the season three opening and the opening recreated for the movie.
  • All trailers (if it can't have them all, I'd pick the "Green with Envy" trailer and the first official trailer)
  • Some of the interviews that have appeared online.
  • The "Piggy Little Liars" viral videos.
  • "Forget You!" music video.

I did start a thread awhile ago wishing for maybe a bonus disc of pre-existing Muppet productions (like an episode or two of The Muppet Show and things that might be difficult to release on DVD). Something like that probably won't happen.

It won't make too big a difference to me if the Toy Story short isn't included (It was a great short, but ommitting it would free up disc space for more features). Considering the last one wasn't on the Bolt DVD, I wonder if maybe Disney plans on releasing all Toy Story shorts on a themed DVD (though it's not like Disney is against double-dipping on shorts) after more Toy Story shorts get made (maybe a "Pixar Shorts Vol. 2" will come out sooner than we think).

Slackbot

Reaction score
I want a "Director's Cut" version of the movie with deleted scenes back in place where they would improve the film. I want deleted scenes, outtakes, and shots of the filming showing the puppeteers working their craft. I want all the promos, the viral trailers, and any extra stuff that surrounded the movie like interviews, guest appearances, and so on. I want a guide to every single Muppet they rebuilt for the movie. I want footage of the classic TMS skits referenced, like "Mahna Mahna."

Shoot, I want it all! I'll pay for as many extra discs as it takes.