Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

j3h

Reaction score
Season 4 is definately not out this year...but that Walter interview has my hopes up for it getting released next year when the new movie gets released on DVD & BluRay. (maybe season 4 as a "Walter super fan edition" with Walter bonus content/commentary???)

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
Like most everyone here, I thought for sure Disney would release TMS season 4 around the time the new movie opened. I think they could have sold alot of DVDs for the Holiday season if they had gone thru with that. But oh well.... I guess we wont see the set until next year maybe after The Muppets is released first? I'm tired of waiting.... Season 4 was such a great year!!

Reaction score
Yeah, why DIDN'T Disney release Season 4 to tie in with the movie? Did all their marketing execs fail basic business and miss that particular golden tie-in opportunity.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
^ This. Seriously, they don't even have the excuse that it's stuck in Development H*ll, because ITS ALREADY BEEN DEVELOPED. What GIVES, Disney?

Here's hoping that the financial success of the new movie will convince them to release it.

j3h

Reaction score
The reason no new muppet DVDs were released at the same time as the film's release is that Disney wants to fill theater seats, not sofas. They want you to get your muppet fix by going to the movie, not to your DVD player.

(Sony on the other hand felt that this was the time to release the two muppet films they have control over on bluray)

Do I fully agree with this strategy? Not really. But if it gets Disney the data they want that leads to bigger and better things & more releases...then more power to the plan.

Hopefully when the current film hits DVD & bluray, Disney will have additional cross sell DVDs such as season 4.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The reason no new muppet DVDs were released at the same time as the film's release is that Disney wants to fill theater seats, not sofas. They want you to get your muppet fix by going to the movie, not to your DVD player.

(Sony on the other hand felt that this was the time to release the two muppet films they have control over on bluray)

Do I fully agree with this strategy? Not really. But if it gets Disney the data they want that leads to bigger and better things & more releases...then more power to the plan.

Yes, but at the same time, they could have used season 4 to promote the movie. I see they stuck stickers on the already released DVD's for free tickets for the movie though. Still, I hear they pull this stunt with virtually everything else. Other than that, if there's no real problem with the music, announcements SHOULD be made soon.

firestarter

Reaction score
I really hope it's not the economy for the release issues. Since I have seen people paying hundreds of dollars at Disney parks in Florida, plus sea world, Busch gardens, Universal Studios. I mean if people want it, they will get it. Just tired of waiting for two years for season 4.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I really hope it's not the economy for the release issues. Since I have seen people paying hundreds of dollars at Disney parks in Florida, plus sea world, Busch gardens, Universal Studios. I mean if people want it, they will get it. Just tired of waiting for two years for season 4.
More than that! Kids who were freshmen in high school when season 3 came out are freshmen in college now... :eek::confused: