"The Muppets" What were you half expecting

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen all the discussions about the movie here and thought I'd start this thread about what we were all half expecting.
What I mean by this is, where there particular scenes were you were thinking something might happened? Even if it did or didn't happen in the end I though it would be fun to talk about.

For example, when they're all trying to get into see Piggy, I was half expecting someone to find a fan so they could all shake their fur like they did in the Muppet Movie.

When Kermit was trying to explain things to Gonzo and Fozzie keeps interjecting, I was half expecting Walter to jump in with a last minute ditch effort "Themuppetstudio'sgonnagettorndownandweneedyourhelptosaveit!" (I would have written somehting longer but I don't want to throw off the board)
I did like how that scene ended up though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's pretty much no secret to everyone here that I was half-expecting a bit more crude, low-brow, cheap-laughs sort of humor from Segel's script (not that I was WANTING to see that, but that's what I was expecting), so I'm glad that didn't turn out that way, I was glad to be proven wrong.

I guess I WASN'T expecting to see so little of certain characters like Pepe (in the trailers, only one scene in the movie) and Rizzo (just a matter of seconds)... likewise, I wasn't expecting to see the names of David Rudman or Matt Vogel during the end titles, in fact from the trailers, I thought Miss Poogy was Drew Massey, as he does a pretty good job at sounding similar to David.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing I was half expecting was in the script but didn't happen on screen... that is Statler and Waldorf over coming their grumpiness to save the day. But in the end, if I half expected it, that meant that it was pretty painfully obvious if it happened. I'm actually quite fine they didn't because A) Statler and Waldorf saved Kermit and Piggy in MTI and B) Oscar confronted the bad guy and saved Sesame Street in the Stars and Streets forever special.

The only other expectation that let me down was the lack of an end of credits gag. Not make or break, but if there was only something like Animal growling "GO HOME! GO HOME!" that would have been a nice note. or even better, Beau coming out at the end with an accordion or something saying, "Okay! Time for my act! uh... where did everyone go?"

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
The only other expectation that let me down was the lack of an end of credits gag. Not make or break, but if there was only something like Animal growling "GO HOME! GO HOME!" that would have been a nice note. or even better, Beau coming out at the end with an accordion or something saying, "Okay! Time for my act! uh... where did everyone go?"
Yea, I was looking forward to something like that too.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I thought Miss Poogy was Drew Massey, as he does a pretty good job at sounding similar to David.
i thought the same thing from the trailers...think i even said it somewhere

i guess the not seeing rizzo surprised me,

i wished they had maybe one or 2 more Muppet telethon skits...mayhem song or more

i dont know i removed myself at one point from all the promo stuff ,videos, clips...i even hesitated the soundtrack so i would be entirely surprised when i saw the movie..and im glad i did since nothing was spoiled for me

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'd have to say that I was hoping Rowlf's current position from the older version of the script would appear, where he works at a Kinko's run by cats. I find that idea hilarious.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Nice comments guys but I was sorta going for were you expecting somethign to go one way or another in the moment of watching it, if that makes sense. Sorry if I'm not writing this the right way. But cool comments thus far either way.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I was kind of expecting the Moopets to be a bigger threat. As it was, they were really good at unsettling me and cutting wires.
I'm with you on that. When I realized that there was more to tham than some Pig trying to take Miss Piggy's place I was thinking mayber there'd be a more dangerous aspect to them. I've noticed that every feature length has someone getting into mortal danger at some point.