If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I agree! It's pretty funny when Ma Bear falls asleep watching the Muppet Show, and Fozzie's reaction is so surprised! Fozzie is a great son, and I bet Ma Bear's very proud of him!
Oh that is so cute! I love his phrenology act! "The art of reading a person's mind by feeling the BUMPS on HIS HEAD!" "Waah!"

When I think about it, Fozzie must have been the youngest in his family. He's always in need of somebody. Course, that could just be his terrible jokes.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Oh that is so cute! I love his phrenology act! "The art of reading a person's mind by feeling the BUMPS on HIS HEAD!" "Waah!"

When I think about it, Fozzie must have been the youngest in his family. He's always in need of somebody. Course, that could just be his terrible jokes.
What is the phrenology act in? Is in an episode from season 4 or 5, because as I was born after the Muppets, and only know what I can see on DVDs. Hint hint Disney!

Alvin

Reaction score
Bringing the Muppet Show back would be awesome...however...I am just not sure that the current puppeteers could do justice to what was done then and make it work for now. I would LOVE to have it back..but they seem to be more serious now for some reason...I mean I love the Muppets more than anybody (personally speaking) but not sure a half hour show would appeal to the "general public" again. It just wouldn't be as zany and unique...I don't know maybe that's me.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I completely forgot, the Muppets should do more viral videos, since that format appears to work really well with them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bringing the Muppet Show back would be awesome...however...I am just not sure that the current puppeteers could do justice to what was done then and make it work for now. I would LOVE to have it back..but they seem to be more serious now for some reason...I mean I love the Muppets more than anybody (personally speaking) but not sure a half hour show would appeal to the "general public" again. It just wouldn't be as zany and unique...I don't know maybe that's me.
I do not see why the new puppeteers would fail to do them justice. Quite the opposite. Unlike MT, now we don't have to invent a huge backlog of hit or miss characters to fill in roles left by characters no longer there. Fozzie and Piggy were barely in MT. And when they were, it was one skit here or there. It all depends on the writing. I think it could very well be done, take pointers from the comic books (Roger made it work... even better than the actual show in cases).

Other than that, we just need a timeslot and network where one can thrive.

beaker

Reaction score
Anything has to be better than that gosh awful French muppet show! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What is the phrenology act in? Is in an episode from season 4 or 5, because as I was born after the Muppets, and only know what I can see on DVDs. Hint hint Disney!
It's in season two of The Muppet Show, when Cleo Laine guest starred. It's the act Fozzie did with Kermit when Fozzie's mom was in the audience.

dwmckim

Reaction score
How about making Kermit: Prince Of Denmark into a movie?
No. It's a cute idea and the songs Marx/Lopex wrote for it demonstrated the greatness they were destined to later acheive, but it was never a good idea for a full-length movie - a television special maybe, but if the Muppets were to spend the necessary time and expense needed to do a feature film, Kermit: Prince of Denmark would not be a strong choice.