Rewind Reviews: A Special Sesame Street Christmas

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
My that was lovely (your review I mean, not the special ><)! You are very animated and that made my day :big_grin:

I'm almost speechless! I laughed, I was entertained and the stage left/right thing drove my bonkers! I have been doing theater since I was a kid and I was practically screaming at the computer during that scene! I had no idea MJ would show up! And well, there are rumors that he was supposed to have married Kermit and Piggy in MTM, but I'm not so sure of that.

Christmas Eve On Sesame Street is a MUCH better special and that's an understatement! That special is amazing and well, the one you reviewed wasn't.

Loved your review :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I only watched the beginning of this, but I must ask, are you still making videos as "The Nostalgia Teen"? At first I wondered if the Teen would be hosting this.

Interestingly, I first heard of this special ten years ago, when Danny Horn wrote a review/summary at Tough Pigs. And although the whole special is on YouTube, I've only watched bits and pieces (usually when I think to search for it it's at times when I don't feel like spending an hour on YouTube).

Also, do you plan on only including bad (at least to you) movies and specials or will you also be reviewing some things that you like (I noticed in the opening there are clips from a lot of well-liked movies as well as some well-disliked ones, though technically I don't know your opinions on the majority of them, save the ones you've reviewed as The Nostalgia Teen)?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I only watched the beginning of this, but I must ask, are you still making videos as "The Nostalgia Teen"? At first I wondered if the Teen would be hosting this.
Since I'm 20 now, I'm retiring the Nostalgia Teen personality to go for something more original. The Teen and the "Rewind Reviews" host are one and the same in personality, even despite the name change.

Also, do you plan on only including bad (at least to you) movies and specials or will you also be reviewing some things that you like (I noticed in the opening there are clips from a lot of well-liked movies as well as some well-disliked ones, though technically I don't know your opinions on the majority of them, save the ones you've reviewed as The Nostalgia Teen)?
Sometimes they'll be positive, but the majority will be negative. All the opening clips will be swapped out as I do more reviews. They are just placeholders for now, notice some of them are movies the Nostalgia Critic covered while some are what I've done and some are what I plan on reviewing or just wanted to throw in.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Cool- I like "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" - it's very much a classic variety show special of the late '70s that seemed to be all the rage then. It's a shame more of the show's characters weren't there, as far as Muppets anyway, but it was still a fun special for what it was. There's something about "2nd. rate variety shows" that I just seem to love.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first read about this at Tough Pigs, I thought that Caroll Spinney was the only Muppet performer in this (in addition to Toby Towson performing Barkley), but watching this it's clear there's an extra uncredited performer, performing Oscar's right hand when playing the guitar (I knew about the scene and should have known a right-hander would have been needed) as well as the fact that there's a shot with Big Bird, Oscar, and Barkley (I had no idea until I saw this review that the bird and the grouch appeared together on-screen in this). I wonder who the extra performer is (and I watched the credits on YouTube to see if anyone else was credited).

Regarding the scene with Bob and David calling Barkley and Barkley entering from the opposite direction they were calling him from, couldn't it be possible that they thought Barkely was in the other direction?

This was a very funny review. I liked the scene with various contributors saying what Christmas is (including the one who says that Christmas is a time to watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I liked the scene with various contributors saying what Christmas is (including the one who says that Christmas is a time to watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street).
Man, that guy sucked! He was the only one in that montage who wasn't funny, he should have done everyone a favor and just not contribute any input to this review in the first place. :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll probably see this later... but I have to admit, this is my LEAST favorite Sesame Street Christmas Special. I love Oscar and Big Bird, but it really needed more Muppets and less random guests NOT singing Christmas songs. There is stiff competition for first. Who doesn't love Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, and who doesn't love how Oscar's worried most of all that Big Bird's missing? That's an unbeatable special. I can't even tell if I like that or MFC better. Then a distant second would be Elmo Saves Christmas (or as I like to call it, Elmo makes a Lateral Move)... followed by Happy Holidays (it's an improvement over regular Elmo's World, and it's nice that Happy Holidays actually means OTHER holidays are included for a change)... then that loud eye sore Elmo's Christmas Countdown (though I do like Ben Stiller and all) and dead last, this one.

I never saw Sesame Street Presents a Clipshow Carol, though... If it aired on PBS, like EW Happy Holidays did, I'd watch. I wouldn't buy a Clip show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never saw Sesame Street Presents a Clipshow Carol, though... If it aired on PBS, like EW Happy Holidays did, I'd watch. I wouldn't buy a Clip show.
I had no idea Happy Holidays aired on PBS.