Dream DVD Extras for 'The Muppets' DVD

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
All these things people have posted so far sound so awesome! :big_grin:

Again, I say this having not seen the movie yet but it seems like a Muppet Fan's dream come true. I really hope the DVD will be the same!

When I went to see Toy Story 3 at the cinema, I remember there being an animated short called "Night and Day" shown before the movie. I think this was included on the DVD so I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.
No But the Pixar movies ALWAYS put their shorts on the DVD. But when Bolt came out they also had a Pixar short, like this one (before the Muppets) but based on Cars. It was called Toyko Mater. But it was not on the Bolt DVD so I was wondering if they're gonna put "Small Fry" on the DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
My dream? That I don't have to buy a Blu-ray player to see special features. There was a lot cut out from the movie, and a director's extended edition would be great, but ALL the best deleted scenes would be better. And don't cheap out... give us the celebs that were cut from the final film this time. Commentary's fine too, but we hear these deleted bits were just as gold as the rest of the movie, and therefore need to shine.

12Medbe

Reaction score
My Hope is that the DVD has the same features as The Blu-Ray.

-Deleted Scenes
-Bloopers/Outtakes
-Movie Promos
-A Look at the Movie Promotional spots.
-Behind The Scene Looks (Maybe one on how the recreated Muppet Show intro was made)
- (Just a thought) A Virtual Tour of Muppet Studios (kind of like the virtual tours on The Lion King DVD's)
-Two Version options (One being the Theatrical Cut, The other an extended director's cut)
-Foreign Promotional Spots

ploobis

Reaction score
- Bloopers and Outtakes
- Deleted Scenes
- Interviews
- Jason Segel & Kermit's video to Amy Adams
- Behind The Scenes feature
- Trailers & Promos
- Audio Commentary

I keep having the feeling that they'll release the movie with extended scenes like they did with Muppet Wizard of Oz and Letters to Santa, ya never know. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if they just release a bare bones dvd, with maybe a commentary, trailer or a featurette. That sadly seems to be how Disney does it. Tron Legacy? Didnt have a SINGLE extra on it. None. I'd recommend people just download the ripped version if Disney was to pull that baloney.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if they just release a bare bones dvd, with maybe a commentary, trailer or a featurette.
If it has any of those then it can't really be called a "bare bones dvd".