What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

Puckrox

Reaction score
Interesting. I think we, without a doubt, will get to see the Muppets at least present at the Oscars this year. Hopefully "Life's a Happy Song" will get nominated and, at the least, we'll get to see Walter perform (though I feel that, even though Walter's the only Muppet in the big opening number in the movie, they'll find a way to work a whole slew of other Muppets into the number as well). And I know I personally wouldn't mind seeing a TV special be made before they delve into their next big feature length.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Interesting. I think we, without a doubt, will get to see the Muppets at least present at the Oscars this year. Hopefully "Life's a Happy Song" will get nominated and, at the least, we'll get to see Walter perform (though I feel that, even though Walter's the only Muppet in the big opening number in the movie, they'll find a way to work a whole slew of other Muppets into the number as well). And I know I personally wouldn't mind seeing a TV special be made before they delve into their next big feature length.
It'd probably be the finale version, since Kermit and Piggy each have lines in that? There's not much difference, except that the one at the end has the line "We can be whatever we want to be."

Puckrox

Reaction score
It'd probably be the finale version, since Kermit and Piggy each have lines in that? There's not much difference, except that the one at the end has the line "We can be whatever we want to be."
I think the opening number's gonna be the one that gets the nom. True, the last one has all the Muppets, but the opening number is so much longer and has a ton more to it, plus the ending one is sort of there to wrap everything up (which it does a great job with). So that's the impression I've been under.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I think the opening number's gonna be the one that gets the nom. True, the last one has all the Muppets, but the opening number is so much longer and has a ton more to it, plus the ending one is sort of there to wrap everything up (which it does a great job with). So that's the impression I've been under.
Truth. They'll almost certainly end up using Muppets instead of townsfolk, though - which shouldn't be too tough. I also think it would probably end up being the length of the finale, since there was a huge hubbub made a few years ago about how much time the Best Original Song performances took up.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm glad that Disney still sees this movie as a success even if it's not doing that well at the box office. At least we won't have to see a farting, wisecracking CG photorealistic frog Kermit voiced by Ryan Reynolds (that way he could completely destroy two green pop culture icons). Bring on that Halloween special, then, Disney! :smile:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I'm glad that Disney still sees this movie as a success even if it's not doing that well at the box office. At least we won't have to see a farting, wisecracking CG photorealistic frog Kermit voiced by Ryan Reynolds (that way he could completely destroy two green pop culture icons). Bring on that Halloween special, then, Disney! :smile:
yes the halloween special

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
At least we won't have to see a farting, wisecracking CG photorealistic frog Kermit voiced by Ryan Reynolds (that way he could completely destroy two green pop culture icons).
To be fair - the problems with that movie are not really his fault. Awful script, awful direction.

beaker

Reaction score
ah, jimhillmedia, where else can i go to be told the obvious and spoken down to at the same time.
Actually, I felt that Jim Hill was one of the best torches of hope throughout the "dark" period of 2004-2008, when it didn't seem like anything was ever going to happen with the Muppets. It's not until really Fall of 2008 when things started to get exciting. I'm a big fan of all his Muppet articles over the years

I'm surprised he's hardly written much this year about em', but I knew sooner or later he would. I think the earth shattering holy crap thats insanely cool announcements won't be made til later on in the year. Least as the article says, not til the spring.