Muppet Childhood Memories

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Growing up, I remember watching all of the Muppet movies. I had a VHS tape of MTI sing-along songs :stick_out_tongue: and I still have my kermit plush, that my grandpa gave to me.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
- My brother and I used to play Muppet babies. He'd always be Kermit and I'd be Rowlf, and we'd go on adventures.

- When I was a small child I would literally throw myself on the ground and yell "TAXI!" That was my favorite Muppet moment, and I would recreate it whenever I got the chance.

- I can remember being six and going to see MTI in theaters. I was so scared when Piggy and Kermit were hanging upside down. I thought they were in danger!

- Every Xmas my brother and I would watch Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree. Not a popular Henson project, I know, but we loved it. And Kermit narrated!

- Giant Animal in TMM scared me.
That is so cute! My first Muppet Memory was watching The Muppet Movie on VHS when I was about 4 years old. I loved them all ever since!

Puckrox

Reaction score
That is so cute! My first Muppet Memory was watching The Muppet Movie on VHS when I was about 4 years old. I loved them all ever since!
I can slightly remember watch TMM when I was a kid, but I don't think I watched it all too much. When I got back into The Muppets this last January there was a lot of TMM that I didn't remember. But I know I watched a ton of GMC. I'm pretty sure my brother and I had it constantly playing many times.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But I know I watched a ton of GMC. I'm pretty sure my brother and I had it constantly playing many times.
I used to have the junior book version, read that all the time (or at least looked at the pictures, hehe). I tried to buy it once on Amazon but it supposedly got lost in the mail, heh. Will have to try again someday!

robodog

Reaction score
When I was five my favorite toy was my Fisher Price plush Scooter. I had many of the Fisher Price plush. Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, the Miss Piggy puppet. But Scooter was my favorite. When my best friend would come over I would allow him to play with Kermit but never Scooter. Nobody touched Scooter. Only I held that privelage. By the end of it his shoes were chewed, he had been restitched multiple times and his glasses had been glued and reglued multiple times as well. Scooter was once mistaken for a Fraggle by some friends at Day care.

The first toy I remember wanting desperately was Fisher Price's Rowlf puppet. My mom could never find it, nor could my grandfather several states over. I wanted it so badly that my mom used to sing me to sleep with a song she made up about me wishing for a Rowlf dog. I have a sneaking suspicion that had I gotten Rowlf poor Scooter would have been quickly left in the dust.

I remember reading the comic book adaptation of The Muppets Take Manhattan to pass the time while waiting for time to go over to my grandmother's for Christmas to open presents.

I remember being given the choice to go to the carnival a second time or get a Fraggle plush. I chose the carnival. I chose poorly. Very poorly.

I was watching the muppets in my room when my mom came in and told me she had to have our dog put to sleep because he was so sick there was nothing that could be done for him. The same dog who saved my life by beating the crap out of another dog who attacked me when I was playing in the driveway. I was too young to really understand that he was gone for good. It hit me a bit later and I bawled.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I can slightly remember watch TMM when I was a kid, but I don't think I watched it all too much. When I got back into The Muppets this last January there was a lot of TMM that I didn't remember. But I know I watched a ton of GMC. I'm pretty sure my brother and I had it constantly playing many times.
Yeah, I watched all of the Muppet Movies a lot. I remember my Grammy A brought over a Great Muppet Caper tape for my birthday, but she teasingly gave it to my mother. Of course I was more interested in it than her. Ha ha ha!:smile:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yeah, I watched all of the Muppet Movies a lot. I remember my Grammy A brought over a Great Muppet Caper tape for my birthday, but she teasingly gave it to my mother. Of course I was more interested in it than her. Ha ha ha!:smile:
I remember seeing both TMM and GMC several times as a child, I don't think I saw MTM until much later. I love how all three movie have seemingly separate continuities. Weren't Kermit and Fozzy actually brothers in GMC?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I have quite a few :smile:

When I was a baby I had a rattle with Baby Kermit on it and even though I didn't remember it, my dad has told me that was probably the only rattle I actually liked/played with.

And the Christmas before I turned 4, I got a Kermit plush and he became my other half and he was forced to play tea party and dress up like all the other dollies and he used to ride with me in my little red car <3 (you know, those little cars kids can drive around)

I used to get 'Best Of The Muppet Show' tapes in the mail and watched them all day long :smile:

I watched Muppet Babies on Nickelodeon (re-runs I think) and at age 4, I still couldn't say my Aunt Veronica's name and The Muppet Babies is why I started to call her Nanny because she used to call me her 'little frog' and Skeeter <3 And although my cousins call her 'Nanny' as well, she's my Nanny because only the both of us understand the Muppet-y significance behind our names for each other (I still get called little frog and Skeeter) This is one of the best memories I have as a child! It just made me feel so important that there was at least one adult that got the magic I felt from Muppets <3

And I would watch MTM, GMC and Muppet Classic Theater in constant rotation and when I wasn't watching any of them, I would try and play out GMC with my Barbie dolls and I remember that I used to make this Ken Doll in this dorky white suit be Kermit...He just fit in the role! And then I remember my cousin confusing with this: 'You know, his name is Ethan but I guess he could play Kermit' and then I'd say something like: 'No Marcia's he's not playing with Kermit! Kermit is with my big dollies!' But even though I'd act out GMC with my Barbies I always thought the Barbie I picked to be in Miss Piggy's role was never pretty enough.

I also remember my dad taking me to see 'Muppets From Space' in the theater and I remember Nanny making sure I got all of the toys from Wendy's!

And soon after Muppets From Space, I got a Rizzo The Rat plush and he became my transitional object, he was my best friend and well, I'm very proud to say that I still have him this day!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I remember seeing both TMM and GMC several times as a child, I don't think I saw MTM until much later. I love how all three movie have seemingly separate continuities. Weren't Kermit and Fozzy actually brothers in GMC?
Yep they were! They were twins in fact.