Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
There was never any chance we'd get a "special extended cut", that only happens with pg 13 movies trimmed down from an R, or R's cut from "Unrated". (Unrated is often an NC-17 type film)

However, way too early to say if this will have deleted scenes and special features.
I think Disney knows people will be royally unhappy if there's no extras, so I wouldn't worry...yet.

If it turns out there will not be any special features, as is sadly often the case these days, I will absolutely not be supporting the home release out of protest and urge others not to either. Same thing if they put all the extras on the blu ray, another shady tactic companies do. Remember Star Trek 2009 on dvd? No extras, and everything was put on the blu ray. I dont own a blu ray, and refuse to "upgrade" and replace all my countless dvds and then have to buy a blu ray on top of a fancy 55" lcd panel or whatever.

But again, I can't see them not putting bells and whistles on this...even though, Tron Legacy had absolutely NOTHING on the home release.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
There was never any chance we'd get a "special extended cut", that only happens with pg 13 movies trimmed down from an R, or R's cut from "Unrated". (Unrated is often an NC-17 type film)

However, way too early to say if this will have deleted scenes and special features.
I think Disney knows people will be royally unhappy if there's no extras, so I wouldn't worry...yet.
The Muppets' Wizard of Oz DVD is an extended cut. Just throwing it out there.

MWoO

Reaction score

If it turns out there will not be any special features, as is sadly often the case these days, I will absolutely not be supporting the home release out of protest and urge others not to either. Same thing if they put all the extras on the blu ray, another shady tactic companies do. Remember Star Trek 2009 on dvd? No extras, and everything was put on the blu ray. I dont own a blu ray, and refuse to "upgrade" and replace all my countless dvds and then have to buy a blu ray on top of a fancy 55" lcd panel or whatever.

But again, I can't see them not putting bells and whistles on this...even though, Tron Legacy had absolutely NOTHING on the home release.
why would u needto upgrade all your dvds to blu ray? just get a blu ray that plys dvds. Refusing to upgrade to bluray is like refusing to upgrade from VHS to DVD, but at least you can get a bluray that plays dvds. Or even better, get a ps3. It plays games, bluerays, and dvds all in one machine! You can even use it to get netflix and all kinds of other stuff.

12Medbe

Reaction score
why would u needto upgrade all your dvds to blu ray? just get a blu ray that plys dvds. Refusing to upgrade to bluray is like refusing to upgrade from VHS to DVD, but at least you can get a bluray that plays dvds. Or even better, get a ps3. It plays games, bluerays, and dvds all in one machine! You can even use it to get netflix and all kinds of other stuff.
Why couldn't there be a DVD/Blu-Ray Machine. I have over 200+ (Nearing 300) DVD's, I'd rather not have to convert and get all 200+ movies for Blu-Ray, That'd be over at least $500 or more out the window.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Muppets' Wizard of Oz DVD is an extended cut. Just throwing it out there.
Letters to Santa as well. That was a TV special that didn't need to get extended and they did it anyway, so I'm sure we'll see something.

MWoO

Reaction score
Why couldn't there be a DVD/Blu-Ray Machine. I have over 200+ (Nearing 300) DVD's, I'd rather not have to convert and get all 200+ movies for Blu-Ray, That'd be over at least $500 or more out the window.
You CAN play DVDs on a Bluray player. You don't have to rebuy your existing collection to upgrade. In fact, it will make your dvds look better when connected to an hdtv.

A PS3 is the best way to go. Like I said, it plays dvds, blurays, and games, and has digital content.

Edit: and a bluray player is as low as $80 if not cheaper with all these x-mas sales. I think people just resist change.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Edit: and a bluray player is as low as $80 if not cheaper with all these x-mas sales. I think people just resist change.

Blu Ray is pointless, and I'll tell you why.

We have a few good years, 5 at the most before everything's completely digital anyway. This is rushing obsolescence to a technology almost everyone actually has now with a premium device that basically offers just a small bell or whistle. You DO need a high quality TV to even notice a difference, and that's basically another thing to have to buy. Make no mistake, I'd LOVE to get a huge LCD TV and watch films with a trace amount more of clarity... but that's a LOT of money. 30 dollar DVD's, 80 dollar players, 200 dollars at the cheapest TV's.... no, you don't have to toss the DVD's out yet... even though I'm sure they'd have lock out technology for regular DVDs so you have to buy more. But I don't have the money, and I'm sure a LOT of people here don't.

All I'm saying is, putting ALL the special features on blu ray is extortion. Plain and simple. At LEAST give us the deleted scenes (I'm sure there's enough to make a secondary movie, though), one BTS, and most of the advertisements. Leave the higher end interactive crap for the Fadget lovers.

Letters to Santa as well. That was a TV special that didn't need to get extended and they did it anyway, so I'm sure we'll see something.
But that one advertised it right on the box.

But then again, I hear "the love is Gone" was cut from the theatrical version of MCC and put back into the home video version. At the very least, I wanna see the FULL Tex Richman backstory. Just that. Just that re-incorporated into the film. Maybe the bit where Kermit says he just house sits from time to time, but really lives in a swamp. But the movie ACHED for that Tex Richman scene.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
well I like Blu-ray. I own a Blu-ray player, and so I buy blu-ray disc, along with a nice 42inch TV. However I also have a DVD player in my bedroom and, my computer only has a DVD ROM drive and DVD ROm on my PS2. I love the combo packs because I don't have to worry about where I can/can't watch what I bought. :attitude:

Status
Not open for further replies.