Fan Poll: Favorite Muppet Christmas Production

What is your favorite Muppet Christmas production?

• A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa (2008)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • John Denver and The Muppets - A Christmas Together (1979)

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I really love Muppet Family Christmas. Luckily, I have the original 1987 airing that I taped off of tv when I was a kid. I'd really like to get the dvd, but not unless all the missing scenes are put back in.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Here are my favorite Muppet Christmas productions of all time:
1. Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas
2. Fraggle Rock- The Bells of Fraggle Rock
3. A Muppet Family Christmas
4. A Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
6. John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together
7. The Christmas Toy
8. Elmo Saves Christmas
9. A Berry Bear Christmas- I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this special, but I remember this "Bear in the Big Blue House" Christmas special years ago when it first showed on the Disney Channel. I like the plot, the humor and heart in the special like a Christmas production should be.

RyanKindredCork

Reaction score
I have always loved Muppet Family Christmas more than any of them. I would list them in this order:
1) Muppet Family Christmas
2) The Muppet Christmas Carol
3) Its a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Special
4) John Denver
5) Letters to Santa (this one didn't have the same feel that #3 did)

What I would like to see is a re-release of "Muppet Family Christmas" without all the edits that they made in the 90s . . . I remember that special coming on TV and freaking out that Sesame Street and the Fraggles were on there!!! I had it on VHS (unedited from Nich Jr) till Hurrican Katrina destroyed it . . . so now I keep hoping they release it again!!!

Puckrox

Reaction score
So, I'm watching A Christmas Together right now for the first time. And you know what?

It is delightful. It is so gosh darn delightful, I can't even find words to describe the joy it instills in me.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
So, I'm watching A Christmas Together right now for the first time. And you know what?

It is delightful. It is so gosh darn delightful, I can't even find words to describe the joy it instills in me.
I watched it again earlier today! Splendid! It's really a great special, especially the nativity scene!

Puckrox

Reaction score
I watched it again earlier today! Splendid! It's really a great special, especially the nativity scene!
I'm not to the nativity scene yet. I'm at Piggy's Fifi number. Ha, and she just referenced TMM! Brilliant!

After this I'm going to watch Muppet Christmas Carol and then Letters to Santa (already watched Muppet Family Christmas earlier). T'is a very Muppety Christmas day!

Yorick

Reaction score
It's hard to put art in a definite order like this. But I will try:
  1. A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)
  2. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
  3. John Denver and The Muppets - A Christmas Together (1979)
  4. A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa (2008)
  5. It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)
1. Is just perfect.
2. Is so wonderful with Michael Caine and the poignant Paul Williams songs and the way our beloved Muppeteers sang them! The whole movie is great, and it was nice to hear Michael Caine sing, too!
3. Love The Muppets and John Denver, so what's not to like?
4. This was a nice one! I liked it more than 5.
5. It was the first Muppet related anything that I didn't like - at first. Then it grew on me! :smile: Now, I haven't yet seen "The Great Muppet Reboot" (as my friend calls the new film) but in the meantime, I like all they've done from 1955 to today! :smile:
With a special place in my heart for the first 35 years, of course.

Barbarella

Reaction score
I remember the John Denver one, but have not seen it since I was little. And
I made the mistake of purchasing Rocky Mountain Holiday, thinking it was the Christmas one last year. That was just awful. Great to see classic Muppets, but so boring I had to fast forward through most of it.

That being said, Muppet Family Christmas is my all time favorite. The version I have is the old VHS with Muppet Babies and the Snowman cut out. And I could swear there is more cut out from what I remember. But I watch it every year on Christmas!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like Drtooth, I also love Christmas Eve on Sesame Street - another classic.
I really am struggling with whether I like MFC and CEOSS better. They're both just so great. CEOSS is very emotionally driven. You get a lot of great character emotions you don't usually see (even in the old days). Ernie and Bert subtly saying their friendship is more important than even their most prized of possessions... Oscar feeling genuine guilt and sympathy for causing Big Bird to get lost on Christmas eve... almost being more worried than anyone else...Big Bird grappling with his faith in Santa Claus. It's all just a wonderfully done Christmas special.

I never saw the Christmas Carol style clip show Sesame Street special. I don't think I even genuinely would care to. Only for being a clip show.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I love Muppet Christmas Carol best. Muppet Family Christmas is a close 2nd. Though if I saw it unedited (hint hint), it might change my opinion.