TV Alert: Muppets on Jimmy Fallon December 23

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Works in Australia too. Thanks for the link Canadian Fan. I did enjoy it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It dose my heart good to see Robin but I think he needs to be a little more green.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anyone notice they mentioned the song was written for A Christmas Together? It was actually written for Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (though I'm not sure if Disney would want the Muppets to acknowledge that).

I feel Matt Vogel's Robin sounds more like a younger Bunsen (maybe he should take over that role when Dave Goelz is no longer able to... I don't think Bunsen regularly interracts with any of Jerry Nelson's roles), but despite that I feel his Robin is one of the roles where Matt Vogel sounds most like Jerry Nelson's voice (others being Camilla and Lew Zealand). It was interesting seeing Robin act a little bit like Kermit (I don't think Robin has ever done the arm-waving thing before).

blackaerin

Reaction score
It was interesting seeing Robin act a little bit like Kermit (I don't think Robin has ever done the arm-waving thing before).
Not in the show that I can remember, but he does it with Kermit in Muppet Classic Theatre during the Elves and the Shoemaker act.
I also agree, Matt would be very good as a backup for Bunsen.
Matt soundsso very close with Robin, but he might have to remember to keep a more kiddish squeakier inflection when performing him and if he can manage it, make his voice a bit higher.
Also, I feel as if there should've been more interaction between Kermit and Robin, more looking at each other, maybe Kermit putting a hand on Robin's shoulder when they all sing together. Robin seems so static compared to Kermit, who was moving his head while he sang instead of just staring at the camera. Even just Robin glancing at Kermit while singing would've made it all the more convincing and natural.
I also agree that Robin needs a lighter shade of green, he looks a bit sunburnt. :smile:

But yes, so I don't sound like a whiny wuss, I love that little Robin hasn't been forgotten and them singing together just makes my heart melt. I really hope we get to see more of him from now on.