Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was new? I took that for granted that it was a rerun, and I didn't catch it. Eh... I'm sure it's going to be on again 3 more times.

But today's episode was special for so many reasons. It focused on the humans rather than the Muppets first of all... I don't think I've seen that for quite a while... plus the episode seemed very old school 80's. I really love Big Bird's role in this one, as the overly inquisitive kid that keeps annoying someone with obvious questions and answers when an adult is frustrated trying to do something. LOVED the Count counting everything that broke too.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You took the words out of my mouth, Dr. Tooth. I liked that this one focused on the classic characters (ex: Big Bird, the Count, Super Grover) rahter than the ones we're tired of seeing over and over again (ex: Elmo, Abby, Baby Bear). Yeah. It has been a while since we've seen a human centered episode. Plus it was nice to see Susan and we know she'll be in the flood episode, so that makes two appearances of Susan this season! Ah ah ah!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You took the words out of my mouth, Dr. Tooth. I liked that this one focused on the classic characters (ex: Big Bird, the Count, Super Grover) rahter than the ones we're tired of seeing over and over again (ex: Elmo, Abby, Baby Bear).
It isn't even the inclusion of classic characters... it's the storyline, the roles of said characters, and just.. just everything felt classic about it in every way. There was no forced curriculum, there was no obvious gimmick to the episode, it was all together more classic for what wasn't there than what was there. I hope the Flood episode is just as well done as this one.

I am sick of episodes where Abby and Elmo go on guessing games for something (though I loved letter R mystery), and I hate how forced science and nature have become the past 2 seasons (every other episode in season 40 and 41 was completely the same). It's nice to have a story line that DOESN'T focus on any specific educational goal, especially very specific ones that would tend to be out of reach for the intended audience.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I think I read on Sesame Street's website that the 'Flood' episode is on this Thursday (December 29). I just happened to catch part of the street story on today's episode (was flipping channels).

Drtooth

Reaction score
While there was nothing worth commenting on after the street story, what a street story it was. Ernie, Bert AND Oscar. Nothing bad about that at all, and that's just character selection. Much like the previous episode, it had a very classic feel to it. It could have even easily been broken up into smaller segments like an older episode. Oscar freaking out about accidentally helping, Ernie and Bert needing Susan and Gordon to act like pidgeons/rubber duckies... these last 2 episodes were special. But it's back to reality tomorrow with Elmo learning about nature again... Too bad. This mini saga of Superintendent Maria was one of the best things to hit the street in years.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just saw the long awiated Flood episode. As espected, it was awesome! Great to see Steve preforming in a street story again.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Please can someone put the flood and super maria episodes on youtube?? I would be very pleased!!!! thankss!!!!

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I just saw the long awiated Flood episode. As espected, it was awesome! Great to see Steve preforming in a street story again.
I saw the 'Flood' too and I loved it! It's just too bad that Steve didn't live closer to NYC so that he could be in more episodes (although he's busy with Kermit's appearances).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
FINALLY. A new Super Grover 2.0. I was hoping for an E&B adventure instead however (even a reused one).