TV Alert: Muppets on Jimmy Fallon December 23

ploobis

Reaction score
Not in the show that I can remember, but he does it with Kermit in Muppet Classic Theatre during the Elves and the Shoemaker act.
I also agree, Matt would be very good as a backup for Bunsen.
Matt soundsso very close with Robin, but he might have to remember to keep a more kiddish squeakier inflection when performing him and if he can manage it, make his voice a bit higher.
Also, I feel as if there should've been more interaction between Kermit and Robin, more looking at each other, maybe Kermit putting a hand on Robin's shoulder when they all sing together. Robin seems so static compared to Kermit, who was moving his head while he sang instead of just staring at the camera. Even just Robin glancing at Kermit while singing would've made it all the more convincing and natural.
I also agree that Robin needs a lighter shade of green, he looks a bit sunburnt. :smile:

But yes, so I don't sound like a whiny wuss, I love that little Robin hasn't been forgotten and them singing together just makes my heart melt. I really hope we get to see more of him from now on.
Robin did do the waving arms thing on TMS when he got to introduce a number by Kenny Rogers

terrimonster

Reaction score
He really sounded almost perfect when he sang... He's doing a good job on this one here. It wasn't as jarringly different as it was in LTS.
You can tell he's really been working on it. Even the last time Robin was on Jimmy he didn't sound right, but this was amazingly close.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Just watched it last night during our Christmas Specials Weekend, ha ha. LOVED IT!!! :big_grin: Matt's Robin was great, so cool that it was just the Frogs and Jimmy, I wonder if he requested them specifically? In any case, I always love when Jimmy's got The Muppets on, he's such a hugs fan himself, and it really shows - he's always done his part in keeping them in the public eye, for that I'm thankful.

When they were setting up the song, for a quick second I thought they were going to sing "It's In Every One Of Us" (title?), but I was very, very happy with what they did sing. Steve singing was so heartfelt, I haven't heard him sing like that in a while it seems, but of course it depends on the song. I wonder if that's a favorite of his too?

Fantastic appearance all around!!

Merry Christmas to all!
:smile:
Anthony

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Anyone notice they mentioned the song was written for A Christmas Together? It was actually written for Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (though I'm not sure if Disney would want the Muppets to acknowledge that).
They didn't say it was written for it; they said it came from it. While that's still a tad inaccurate, the music the Roots played was the same as the album version.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
It does sound like Matt Vogel is finally Robin's voice and personality down, but it's not the same as Jerry voicing him. Either way, I loved the performance with Jimmy, Kermit and Robin and I love the song. It's clear that Jimmy loves performing with the Muppets.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Agree with everything. Matt has definitely nailed Robin and the appearance was magnificent! It really does make up for his silence in the new movie.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to Oscarfan for posting the MUP3 link.

This was a fun appearance.

Things I didn't like:
1 Would've prefered the Muppets being on earlier instead of all the way at the end of the show.
2 Having to sit through all of Jimmy's banter about that awful Grandma song.
If he keeps that up it'll be easy for me to hate him, wanting Jimmy to be crushed in the ice cream wars with his immortal enemy for all of six or seven months now.

Things I liked:
1 Robin. Matt's performance/voicing has gotten much better.
2 Loved how Robin was enthusiastic for Christmas, even waving his arms famously imitating his uncle's mannerism.
3 The fact this is the second song from the Christmas Together album performed on the show.
Sure hope it becomes an annual thing, I wonder how long it'll take before they end up performing all the songs with the new Muppeteer cast.
If this continues it will be incredibly hard for me to support Colbert's campaign to have his ice cream crush Jimmy's.

This appearance was one of the few things I had to look forward to this past week, glad it was definitely worth staying up soooooo late for it.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Loved this performance. Brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.

beaker

Reaction score
Jimmy Fallon seems like such a warm, genuinely cool person. And above any celeb/talk show person, he seems like a giddy kid when talking about or around cool stuff. Like his enthusiasm feels genuine. He is always having on the newest underground/up and coming indie bands, actors/actresses...and this second annual Muppet Christmas thing, very cool. Who else would personally request Robin? He wasn't even in the new movie!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jimmy Fallon seems like such a warm, genuinely cool person. And above any celeb/talk show person, he seems like a giddy kid when talking about or around cool stuff. Like his enthusiasm feels genuine. He is always having on the newest underground/up and coming indie bands, actors/actresses...and this second annual Muppet Christmas thing, very cool. Who else would personally request Robin? He wasn't even in the new movie!
Well, Robin never had much of a presence in any of the movies except of course the heavy presence as Tiny Tim in the Christmas Carol and his small bits in the first one. Plus, the movie tried too hard to cram too much in.

I never really cared for Jimmy Fallon until he got a talk show. I find him a far better talk show host than a comedic actor. I think he found a strong niche that only improved his career. And I love that crazy ice cream tie in with Ben and Jerry. But the fact that he has the Muppets on almost regularly totally won me over on the guy. He's probably the best non-cable show host out there. I hate to say even better than Letterman... but yeah.