Help with website problem

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member of the Muppet Central forum. To get straight to the point, I've been getting a barrage of emails saying "x replied to x thread" and so on, and would like to stop receiving such emails. I personally find them redundant, as I check these things myself when I'm on the forum. I have done all I can in the user preferences to disable these emails, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. So I'm asking for some help or advice on the matter. Thank you kindly.

blackaerin

Reaction score
Um, can I also add a problem I have?
I can't seem to make new threads as the main "message" box is missing.
There's only the title and make a poll option. Please help?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Right soemone else had this problem...
What internet browser are you using?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Have you tried going to preferences and unchecking the use rich editor box? That might help

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member of the Muppet Central forum. To get straight to the point, I've been getting a barrage of emails saying "x replied to x thread" and so on, and would like to stop receiving such emails. I personally find them redundant, as I check these things myself when I'm on the forum. I have done all I can in the user preferences to disable these emails, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. So I'm asking for some help or advice on the matter. Thank you kindly.
You have to go to the top of the page and click UnWatch thread..

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, as was mentioned it sounds like you are using Firefox 9.0 beta.

This will be corrected here later this month when our forum software is updated. I'll announce the rollout of the update before it happens in our "Announcements" forum.

In the meantime, some Firefox 9 users have experienced success by refreshing the create a thread posting page multiple times and the text box should properly appear. Or you can use a different browser before our forum upgrade and avoid the issue altogether.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now then, what was all this about Firefox being a superior browser to Internet Explorer, hmm? :stick_out_tongue:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
The fact that spyware targets IE and Chrome more than FF, perhaps?
I was just trying to post a thread and I suffered the same glitch, I'm using Firefox 9.0.1