Muppet Film and TV References

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just saw the Modern Family episode where it starts off where the couple is getting into an argument with a dad about letting his kids see a violent horror film...then they realize oops, they accidentally were in the wrong theater...showing the new Muppet movie! Too hilarious! I swear Modern Family is one of the best newerish tv shows.
I hate that episode. I usually like Modern Family becuase it's brillinatly funny. But I can't believe Disney had their own show try to make fun of The Muppets when they're trying so hard to make older audiennces go to this movie.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Love that episode. And Lily's reaction later. "You saw the Muppets without me?" Priceless.
Ehh... while it was priceless I hate the whole episode. After she said that Mitchell says "No, we only stayed for the first two numbers" That's not the Muppets that's Sesame Street!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate that episode. I usually like Modern Family becuase it's brillinatly funny. But I can't believe Disney had their own show try to make fun of The Muppets when they're trying so hard to make older audiennces go to this movie.
That wasn't the point at all. it was more like subliminal marketing. When the episode was first aired, the first commercial on the commercial break of that scene was The Muppets trailer. That was BRILLIANT marketing. They ran that trailer during Glee the break after that kid sang "It's not Easy Being Green."

Teheheman

Reaction score
I was watching backlogs of the Colbert Report(Cause I can't watch them with my internet restrictions that I place on myself, long story, won't get into it) BUT, he had Bjork on and the beginning of his show he was introducing the segments and when he got to the guest, he pulled out 2 spoons and started imitating the Swedish Chef but added "Bjork Bjork Bjork"

Daniel

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
In the move The Gate, one of the key plot points is some symbols burning into one of those magic doodle things (with the plastic sheet on top and the clay stuff under it), and the one used in the movie was a Follow That Bird one. You can only see it briefly in one scene. They seem to try to hide the top of it whenever they show it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That wasn't the point at all. it was more like subliminal marketing. When the episode was first aired, the first commercial on the commercial break of that scene was The Muppets trailer. That was BRILLIANT marketing. They ran that trailer during Glee the break after that kid sang "It's not Easy Being Green."
It's actually not. Adults are turned off by hearing that it's a kids movie and teaches numbers and letters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Scene from this week's American Dad... before it airs, too...

I assume they're supposed to be the Muppet Babies considering Kermit and Animal's outfits.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I saw a special screening of Argo last night. Very surprisingly, a movie about six American hostages escaping from Iran has a Muppet reference in it.