Fraggle Rock Comics at Taco Bell

Slackbot

Reaction score
Apparently the store locator was on crack when I used it, because there are indeed Taco Bells near me. I went to the one in the mall for lunch, and it took three people to figure out what I wanted and when get the box out of the back, but I did get the first book, "Welcome to Fraggle Rock." They charged me $1.19 for it, but then they told me they didn't have any (because apparently the first guy only glanced in the box) and gave me a refund, and when they found it they gave it to me for free because of all the time and fuss it took.

I noticed that on the box they opened it showed 4 sets of cardboard robot thingies and only one set of six Fraggle books, all the same title. They'll send out the other books later, I'm sure.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh goodness...as much as I am sick of the mamby pamby liberal big nanny "happy meals are bad" mindset, KFC just seems so insanely unhealthy. Parent company Yum! should be changed to Yuck! I mean who the heck takes their family to eat nasty fried chicken, it looks like an artery clogger with just one of those meals.

But this is how non existent the Fraggle Rock "revival"(promised to us by JHC) has been. We're excited about an obscure under 3 happy meal toy with a 6 page small cardboard block book. Perhaps it's time to just realize Fraggle Rock is dead, and move on. I had to finally accept Bear in the Big Blue House(which I was a massive fan of) is dead and has no hope of returning in any form.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't know that Fraggle Rock is dead, but it's on life support to be sure. The Henson company needs to do something this year big with the fraggles. I don't know what that would be, except I really like the idea mentioned here of Uncle Matt viral videos.

Perlezerey8

Reaction score
I don't really think Fraggle Rock is dead at all.
As they said in the Muppets,start at the bottom and work your way back to the top.
I really like the idea of Uncle Matt videos as well. Someone needs to write a letter to the Henson Company.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock is only as dead as Henson is...

so I'm guessing it's pretty much in a coma? :sympathy:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm going to have to remember to go to Taco Bell soon! I only wish Fraggle Rock was getting more exposure than this :frown: Sure it's on The Hub, but a lot of people don't get that channel!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Oh goodness...as much as I am sick of the mamby pamby liberal big nanny "happy meals are bad" mindset, KFC just seems so insanely unhealthy. Parent company Yum! should be changed to Yuck! I mean who the heck takes their family to eat nasty fried chicken, it looks like an artery clogger with just one of those meals.

But this is how non existent the Fraggle Rock "revival"(promised to us by JHC) has been. We're excited about an obscure under 3 happy meal toy with a 6 page small cardboard block book. Perhaps it's time to just realize Fraggle Rock is dead, and move on. I had to finally accept Bear in the Big Blue House(which I was a massive fan of) is dead and has no hope of returning in any form.
I think FR is reviving itself. It's just happening too slowly. First there were the DVDs, then movie rumors, then the comics, and now this. So maybe in 10 years or so something major will happen. We just have to be patient and show as many people as possible how great the show really is. Maybe then MC will do more about bringing it back.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I got one of these Fraggle kids books today when the gf and i were out of town and there was a taco bell so we went threw the drive threw and i asked for a kids under 3 meal and 2 soft tacos and sure enuff i got a Fraggle Rock book called "welocome to fraggle rock"...and it also has a little flyer advertising fraggle rock on the Hub!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Has anyone found the spelling error in "Welcome to Fraggle Rock"? Here's a hint: the error appears in both English and Spanish.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think FR is reviving itself. It's just happening too slowly. First there were the DVDs, then movie rumors, then the comics, and now this. So maybe in 10 years or so something major will happen. We just have to be patient and show as many people as possible how great the show really is. Maybe then MC will do more about bringing it back.
Someone who's not Weinstine has the license to do the movie now. That basically means there's a slightly bigger chance it could happen. Slighter... fractionally... barely percentable... but it's in the hands of a studio that isn't the Weinstines... still, I wish Henson made a bigger stink about it. Maybe they would have paid Henson out hush money any time one of their films was nominated for an Oscar. It happened. But that's the end of my rant with them. They can bloody go bankrupt for all I care. They would have screwed the movie up anyway.

Other than that, Henson no longer owns Sesame Street or Muppet Show characters. The only Henson era stuff they have is Labyrinth and Dark Crystal (both became really huge as cult films. Labyrinth has a ridiculously large following now) and Fraggle Rock. They really want to re-establish classics. We have all these Dark Crystal and Labyrinth comics out there now. FR seems, if nothing else, to be their main nostalgic line. Too bad the only outlet they have is years old DVD's and reruns on a network some people get.