The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Woo-hoo, Sara's back!

Wow, sounds like you guys are having a time of it lately...and I hear you, sorting out stuff with auto insurance can be a real pain in the neck.

Judging from the reviews that everyone's posting, I'm definitely going to have to go see "The Muppets." Yes, I know, it's embarrassing, I'm a die-hard Muppet fan and I still haven't seen the movie yet...but you see, I've been so backed up with work and other stuff lately that I've barely even had time to breathe.

By the by, heralde, where's your avatar from?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Judging from the reviews that everyone's posting, I'm definitely going to have to go see "The Muppets." Yes, I know, it's embarrassing, I'm a die-hard Muppet fan and I still haven't seen the movie yet...but you see, I've been so backed up with work and other stuff lately that I've barely even had time to breathe.
Yeah I'd recommend it; it's not perfect but it's the best in a long time. :smile:

By the by, heralde, where's your avatar from?
Oops I actually might have changed it since you asked me, lol, but it doesn't matter it's the same person, it's Robert Englund when he was on the 1980s TV series V, playing one of the aliens. Good actor and very articulate outside of movies and TV (not a guarantee for actors).

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Cool - thanks!

On a slightly more somber note, I'm looking at the calendar and I'm seeing that we're three days away from the anniversary of Richard's passing...I can't believe it will have been 20 years ago this year - where does the time go?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Is glad to read something from and to know that Muppet Newsgirl is still here.
Sent you an HV notice to your addy.

*Burgles a slice of cherry cobbler. :drool:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hi, Ed - yeah, I know, I've been kind of away from MC lately. It's the old problem of life, the universe and everything getting in the way - mostly I blame work.

But I've been meaning to get back into the swing of things - and yes, I got the HV notice. What the hey, I'll throw my hat in for another year - with the same crew.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hedley Lamar voice: Splendid, splendid. That leaves Kim of the Skeeter Muppet and MuppetsFan4Life to reply before opening up to new business.

And we do not discuss new business until...
*Book flipping through pages.
Next quarter.

Hope everything's okay with Nora at the bookstore and Scooter at the theater.
*Remembers to roll some radishes down to the Rock and the Cave.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Today is the anniversary of Richard's passing. Hard to believe it's been twenty years to this day. I was only one and a half years old when he passed on. A great, great, great man.

And to quote Elmo when it came to working with Richard:
"It was torture! Elmo doesn't like opera! Elmo doesn't like tuna fish sandwiches and Schweppes Ginger Ale. Elmo doesn't like any of those things! But for some reason, when he was working Elmo, Elmo was motivated to love those things!"

Richard, you were one of the greats. <3

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hmm, so Elmo doesn't like opera, ginger ale and tuna fish sandwiches - would that list also include orange juice and chocolate-covered donuts, or would he be okay with those?

And it would seem that Richard and Elmo's working relationship was one of mutual emnity - Richard hated Elmo's cloyingly sweet attitude and Elmo didn't like Richard's tastes in music and food. Go figure.

And I'm with you, Puckrox - I can't believe that it's now 20 years since Richard departed us - I would have been six years old at the start of 1992. Rest in peace, Richard - we love you and we still miss you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:wink:: I think he liked the chocolate doughnuts, who can say "no" to those?
:flirt: Like, fer sure. *Swigs some organic orange juice.
:grr: And we never even got to my credenza!
:boo: Usually opera music puts me to sleep.
:eek: Mee-mee-meep, madly memporary.

Happy anniversary to Richard.
:laugh: Your face!

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
He died at such a young age, my uncle was born the same year as Richard.

I was 12 when Richard died and was in Grade 7. I don't even remember seeing his death mentioned in the entertainment section of the newspapers where I live.

If Richard was still living, I could see him doing more directing and performing his characters. Same thing with Jim (although I think Jim would be more involved with the Jim Henson Company).