Most evil Muppet movie villain?

Who's the most evil Muppet movie villain?

• Doc Hopper

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Nicky Holiday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ebeneezer Scrooge

• Long John Silver

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • K. Edgar Singer

• Rachel Bitterman

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • The Wicked Witch of the West

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tex Richman

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This was an interesting conversation that came up over on TV Tropes recently. Someone had given Tex Richman "Complete Monster" status. We came to the consensus that Richman wasn't a complete monster and just more a cartoony villain, and neither was Rachel Bitterman, also was labeled a "Complete Monster". So it got me thinking? Who do you consider the most evil Muppet movie villain? We're not talking who necessarily was the best villain but who was the one who was so heinously evil you love to hate them.

I don't care what the folks at TV Tropes say, I've been saying it since the movie came out that Tex Richman is the Frollo of Muppet movie villains. Why? He's the only who who really truly is out to destroy the Muppets - by any means necessary and he's nasty about it. To me, Doc Hopper was a generally good person but he was just way too big for his breeches which ended up corrupting him. Richman has that same problem, but it goes to a whole other level of evil. The fact that he even tries to destroy the theater himself struck that for me. And just watch him in that scene when it's revealed the Muppets lost the theater and it belongs to him, it shows Chris Cooper is a great actor but you just want to jump into the screen and punch him in the face. I know some may disagree, and say what you will about his redemption of sorts, but Tex Richman is one of the many movie villains that really infuriated me as the movie went on.

Feel free to point out your own reasoning in your opinions about Muppet movie villains.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Interesting question! Definitely not Nicky Holiday since he does have feelings for Piggy despite his sleaziness, lol.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I agree that Tex Richman is pretty darn evil, but I voted Long John Silver, as much as I love Tim Curry, the fact that he tied Kermit and Miss Piggy to a cliff and left them to die with the rope being on fire and all was this whole new level of evil. Also, having his buddies torture Gonzo and Rizzo like they did (though Gonzo liked it) was pretty up on that evil level too.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, Hopper did hire a professional frog killer to kill Kermit so he's got my vote.
That's exactly what I meant by him being "way too big for his breeches which ended up corrupting him". His goals were initially pretty rational even if he was a bit stuck-up about it, but his frustration with Kermit saying no to his offers really drove him to the crazy extent he's in at the end. But that's just my way of interpreting that character.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Do you really count Scrooge as a villian?
He's sorta evil but he's not really a villian.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Do you really count Scrooge as a villian?
He's sorta evil but he's not really a villian.
I debated including him or not for that reason. In the end I decided to considering there's a whole song about how evil he is at the beginning of the movie, he could sort of slide. I don't expect any votes for him.