Does Puppet Heap build The Muppets now?

bluebomber95

Reaction score
I like Puppet Heap's work. The new Fozzie's not bad, IMO, and he'll no doubt change in (at most) a few years, anyway. The other characters looked fan-flippin'-tastic. Props to them for taking on Thog.

beaker

Reaction score
I like Puppet Heap's work. The new Fozzie's not bad, IMO, and he'll no doubt change in (at most) a few years, anyway. The other characters looked fan-flippin'-tastic. Props to them for taking on Thog.
Well it's just from certain angles and lighting, Fozzie to me looks like he has matted shiny plush toy hair. Not sure whats up with that, but yeah the rest of the Muppets(cept for Gonzos eyes/post 2009 face sculp imho) could not look more perfect. Rowlf, Scooter, Piggy, my goodness. And all the other rebuilt TMS characters. Pure magic!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Well it's just from certain angles and lighting, Fozzie to me looks like he has matted shiny plush toy hair. Not sure whats up with that, but yeah the rest of the Muppets(cept for Gonzos eyes/post 2009 face sculp imho) could not look more perfect. Rowlf, Scooter, Piggy, my goodness. And all the other rebuilt TMS characters. Pure magic!
Yeah I totally agree with you on that. Especially the characters that haven't been seen in decades like Wayne and Wanda, Thog, Beautiful Day Monster and Nigel.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes!! They Do! I just went to see The Muppets tonight (for the third time) and this time I stayed for the whole credits and I saw that Puppet Heap does help build and design Muppets along with The Jim Henson Company

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It seems like Jim Henson's Creature Shop is credited for costumes which I sort of thought was strange, they most have done something else in the film then just costumes.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I thought the Muppets looked great. I actually liked Fozzie's fur and had no problems with any of the characters...okay, I though Walter looked a little bland, but his personality made up for that, plus the fact he's a new character and was not part of the question. I liked their looks, just as much as the movie.

Though when I went for a tour of The Muppet Workshop back in 1998, they told me that the main characters had a finalized sculpted model in which they casted using liquid foam latex so they could build the characters not only faster but accurate. ..... I have no idea. I don't know why Puppet Heap can't get the molds from the Henson Workshop or like I mentioned before, why even have an alternative workshop building for the characters that have been The Jim Henson Company's since 1954.
What the...? All the characters were cast in foam latex? News to me. When did this happen? Pretty cool.

Not cool? Puppet Heap did great, but you can't kick the Muppet Workshop out like that? Too bad on that. :frown:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
What the...? All the characters were cast in foam latex? News to me. When did this happen? Pretty cool.

Not cool? Puppet Heap did great, but you can't kick the Muppet Workshop out like that? Too bad on that. :frown:
I think the foam latex stuff happened around the mid 1990s because if you look at the characters from The Muppets Tonight time through out the last few years of The Jim Henson Company owning The Muppets, the characters looks seem to be the same. And of course they couldn't have been using the same puppets because foam
disintegrates quickly. So I think the Foam latex thing was one of the things they

were working on during the time I was there. I even seen Gonzo's head in this clear diner plate glass. It was weird but cool. I think they showed me Miss Piggy too on a stand. It was one of the greatest times of my life.

Plus it was around the time when they were still building the puppets for Elmo in Grouch Land and they were building all the other grouches and the skulls where all foam latex molded instead of the traditional carving a block of foam and stuff.

I remember I asked where were all the Muppets from The Muppet Show or even Muppets Tonight and they told me they were in storage. I think that's when I found out that Muppets Tonight got canceled. Which was a shame, AWESOME SHOW!