Frank Oz worked on a new Muppet movie script

Mupp

Reaction score
I agree it was the film that had to be made...I mean it feels special in parts, but other times it feels way off for me(Gonzo in particular) Im really hoping the next film they make can be a ittle more down to earth, more natural styled filmmaking like an indie film/december period clooney drama or the original movies. I feel muppets work best in that environment..just check out the 2003 Mastercard commercials. I want to see the Muppets walking around real downtown areas...not closed sets all the time.
They DID.

Remember the scene outside of Tex Richman's building?
And of course Hollywood Boulevard.

.....Actually, its important to note that in movies, whenever the Muppets are walking around in the real world, its always a "closed set"! So what you said is kind of moot.

I'm sorry that the movie disappointed you so much...You keep lamenting everything.

With that attitude, I think you just need to accept the fact that your expectations are never going to be reached.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They DID.

Remember the scene outside of Tex Richman's building?
I'm guessing that you forgot?

Actually, its important to note that in movies, whenever the Muppets are walking around in the real world, its always a "closed set"!

I'm sorry that the movie disappointed you so much...You keep lamenting everything.

With that attitude, I think you just need to accept the fact that your expectations are never going to be reached.
God forbid someone doesn't like something the same way you do.

I get it now. YOU are the Muppet fan we should all be, right? Everything you think and like, we should the same. And heaven help us if we get a negative thought about something you liked.

The polite and mature reply to Beaker would've been to simply point out that they were in fact out in the real world in some scenes and that's it. No need to insult or agitate people.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If nothing else, now that the film has been pretty successful, perhaps now they will be willing to try Frank's script idea for the next project.
I don't know if it's the right time for Cheapest. That's a gamble. Too much of it works in a bizarre theater of the absurd kind of way, and it was just not a good enough (or maybe too good of) idea to launch the franchise on... It could work, but it's safer just to do another kind of movie first.

Still, I can't find it easy to believe Frank was working on a whole new script. We'd have a lot more evidence than an over quoted, out of context, not really there report of a report. Like I said, this is a fan forum on the internet. If ANYONE in show business, Muppet insider or outsider, is working on a Muppet project, we'd hear about it before it became major news. Look at what happened with the never going to happen Fraggle movie. We heard about Dweezil Zappa (or one of the Zappas) working on the slightest outline and showing interest in the project at least a year before Corey Edwards came on and wrote the script. We heard about this Muppet movie as soon as behind the scenes rumors from Forgetting Sarah Marshall surfaced. We'd have got word Frank had something long before the media reported it.

Plus, Frank IS a busy guy. He's working on some big theater production as it is (wonder if he's coming back to play his character from Monsters Inc in the sequel), I'd say any script he'd write is a pet project.