The Missing Link Hogthrob

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Considering you probably saw it already, he's ALL over the movie. He may not have any speaking lines, but he's got a huge presence. he's always in the background.
His mannerism was perfectly formed-- I mean, he balled his fist, in the "We Built This City" scene.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I wasn't a huge Link fan until recently, but I love how his personality mirrors that of a young William Shatner. Just yesterday I watched the Chris Reeve episode where he does "Brush Up Your Shakespeare" with Fozzy and Link.

LinkLady77

Reaction score
I wasn't a huge Link fan until recently, but I love how his personality mirrors that of a young William Shatner. Just yesterday I watched the Chris Reeve episode where he does "Brush Up Your Shakespeare" with Fozzy and Link.
Link as a young William Shatner...wow, that's very true! I loved that song he sang with Fozzie and Chris Reeve, too! I heard a version of "Sonny Boy" on a standards album and I could hear Link singing it in my head...LOL.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I just finally got my hands on a copy of "Muppet Party Cruise" and was pretty happy with all the audio of Link (and Strangepork!). Steve was doing a really good job with him, and the lines were hilarious - Link calling for a stuntman, and talking about wearing a smashing lamé jumpsuit. Fantastic! I keep playing the "Asteroid Belt" mini game over and over with different characters to hear what Link and Strangepork will say. Too bad I am really terrible at that particular mini game, so I can't control which character wins because I always lose! I wonder if Steve was building up practice and confidence in performing Link for those two video games (RaceMania, which I have not yet played, sadly), culminating in a marvelous re-appearance in "The Muppets".... and perhaps more projects in the future?? One can only hope!

Nasubionna

Reaction score

This may be old news, but I only just noticed while taking screencaps for drawing reference that Link's sergeant uniform from "Bear on Patrol", the patch on his left shoulder says "Macho Desk Sergeant". Haha! Love it! Yes you are, Link. Yes, you are.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I still like my idea of a Pigs in Space videogame (see my Muppets Videogame thread) where you could play as Link, Piggy, and Strangepork. I wish Palisades wouldn't have gone under, b/c if they kept making their great line of Muppet toys, we could have had a "Bear on Patrol" costume Link, or a "Sonny Boy" costume Link, or superhero Link from the Lynda Carter episode, or a biker costume Link, which I thought he wore in both the "I Get Around" and "Macho Man" numbers. :sigh:.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
you know what would have been cool is if palisades would have been still up and running today they could have made The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Scooterforever

Reaction score
you know what would have been cool is if palisades would have been still up and running today they could have made The Muppet Barbershop Quartet
Yeah, I would totally buy that; Sam, Link, Rowlf, and Beaker, with a little Barbershop diorama, what's not to love:confused:.