Your Muppet mistakes

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Erm...I accidentally put in one of my fics that Sam the Eagle was voiced by Jim Henson. :embarrassed: Oops...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I remember many years back flipping through an issue of Entertainment Weekly and turning to the Video section, coming across a little blurb on there about upcoming direct-to-video sequels which mentions Kermit's Swamp Years, with an illustration of Kermit getting excited over a pile of dollar bills. When I turned and stopped to that page, the first things that caught my untrained eye were the drawing, and mention of the title "Inspector Gadget 2: Dr. Claw's Revenge" - I thought, "Whoa, Kermit's gonna cross over to the path of evil by teaming up with Dr. Claw??" But then I read that Swamp Years was in development, hence the illustration.

Just goes to show what flipping through stuff too fast does to you.
(Although it would be real hilarious if such a thing did occur) :laugh:

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
I only started being a Muppet fan for, I don't know, 3 months? Anyways, for awhile I thought Beaker was Gonzo..... I was drawing Beaker one day and I drew him with a thing that you hit a gong with.....

I thought that Miss Piggy was voiced by a girl.

My friend mistaked Janice for lips, she put a ponytail in her hair at the top of her head and said "I look just like the Muppet Lips!" She also got super confused when I tried to explain to her that Lips is a boy, not a girl.

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
My friend mistaked Janice for lips, she put a ponytail in her hair at the top of her head and said "I look just like the Muppet Lips!"
With lips like that, I can see why someone would think that was her name. xD

I think the biggest Muppet mistake I've made so far, was not getting those Palisades figures when they were around. I remember coming across some packs in a store during an out-of-state vacation with my family. I was busy looking for a souvenir to take back home with me. I coulda sworn I remember seeing one based of the Veterinarian Hospital sketch with Rowlf as Dr. Bob and I think I saw a set with Statler and Waldorf. What I really don't remember is why I didn't get any of them. Maybe they didn't have a wide variety to choose from or they were kinda pricey...If I had known that they would stop making them, I would have grabbed at least one of the ones they had instead of that stuffed beanbag puppy...which was super adorable, but still.

I really hope we'll be seeing good Muppet figures like those again! I want 'em! :excited:

Another Muppet mistake I noticed while typing that little story up there would be thinking that Statler's name was said and pronounced "Stantler". :rolleyes:

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I really hope we'll be seeing good Muppet figures like those again! I want 'em! :excited:
Me too! I just got my hands on a set of Muppet Babies mcdonald's toys in search of some Muppet figures. I'm still waiting for the set at Disneyland to come out.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I made a few...

I used to call Animal Fuzzy because I probably heard Fozzie, and since Animal looks fuzzy, that's probably why.

I called Dave Goelz, Dave Go-Lez

I thought Piggy was voiced by a girl

I thought that Jim Henson was still alive, and he did the voice of Kermit still

Yup, many flaws...

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
In MTI I always thought The man who lived in Fozzies finger was called Mr. Thimble. It made sense to me. He lives in his finger, hence Thimble. It sounded like Thimble to me. In fact my whole family thought it was Mr. Thimble for YEARS. It wasn't til we saw the movie with subtitle that we realised it was Mr. Bimbo! And we all couldn't believe it. We thought they made an error :stick_out_tongue:
I still reckon Mr Thimble is a better name :stick_out_tongue: I'll stand by it forever!
LOL, The first time I saw MTI, I thought it was Mr. Pimple!:embarrassed:

KingR76

Reaction score
After racking my brains for some time (its what happens when you're almost about to hit 36) I remembered how I thought that Boober was performed by Mr. Oz. It was the "Down at Fraggle Rock." line that sounded like Fozzie that was part of it.

Obviously now I stand corrected.

Alvin

Reaction score
Muppet Mistakes...why never! I find myself correcting people when they make a mistake...and I am not even aware I did it til after I did it! LOL!