Dealing with depression and anxiety

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That always seems like the best way to do it. That's great that you've gotten a couple of good days in.
Don't worry, you're not monopolizing the thread. That's what it's here for right?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can't burden my friends all the time- I feel like I've been taking so much from them recently in terms of time and support, and that I've given relatively less in return.
I can definitely identify with that. I do rush to my friends too often when I'm worried or depressed. I need to make a point of communicating with them about good things as well.

Like today I was just completely overwhelmed with anxiety and it was totally uncalled for but I just couldn't escape it.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
Hey, in dealing with others' problems I get to escape my own for a little while. :smile:

------------------

beaker

Reaction score
Like today I was just completely overwhelmed with anxiety and it was totally uncalled for but I just couldn't escape it.
In this world, anxiety is sadly always called for and a validated feeling. Lately I been feeling randomly super depressed, but I'm so used to it by now that it's probably more akin to a woman's time of the month.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
In this world, anxiety is sadly always called for and a validated feeling.
Isn't that just awful? Everyone has their own worries and problems to deal with, but there's just so much pressure these days. I'm scared witless about my future, being about to graduate and all, yet a lot of time I'm prevented from thinking about that because I have to deal with things in front of me (schoolwork, social stuff). Fun stuffs.

And people close to me wonder why I spend my free time watching the Muppets. I need something that's not going to pressure me. :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In this world, anxiety is sadly always called for and a validated feeling.
I get what you're saying, that there's a lot of stress creating stuff going on right now in society. But I'm also a strong believer in not telling these things dictate your thoughts, despite their presence, you know?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Isn't that just awful? Everyone has their own worries and problems to deal with, but there's just so much pressure these days. I'm scared witless about my future, being about to graduate and all, yet a lot of time I'm prevented from thinking about that because I have to deal with things in front of me (schoolwork, social stuff). Fun stuffs.

And people close to me wonder why I spend my free time watching the Muppets. I need something that's not going to pressure me. :smirk:
I hear you on that. I was terrified when I graduated from college and I still freak out sometimes wonder where I'm supposed to go from here. You add to that the fact that society says that if your 25 and haven't moved out of your parents house and established a rock solid career yet you're a failure (at least that's how it feels to me) and it's a nightmare sometimes.

I get what you're saying, that there's a lot of stress creating stuff going on right now in society. But I'm also a strong believer in not telling these things dictate your thoughts, despite their presence, you know?
Totally. That's the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes.
Hope I don't sound like I'm rambling.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You add to that the fact that society says that if your 25 and haven't moved out of your parents house and established a rock solid career yet you're a failure (at least that's how it feels to me) and it's a nightmare sometimes.
Young people living at home is going to become increasingly more common in the near future and people have to get used to it and stop pretending we're not in a recession. :wink: So no, you're not a failure. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Well nothing but one's own will and determination should dictate things, but unfortunately these mental or physical or sometimes external things cannot be helped.
There's often nights where Im crippled with anxiety or worry and can't sleep very well. Though I find working out/exercising/running helps.

beaker

Reaction score

Hey I turn 34 tomorrow. No degree, no job, no car, not much money, no wife/girlfriend...but somehow I feel zen and hopeful. Sometimes life turns out a little differently than you had planned. I say "don't worry". And your lucky! A lifetime of muppet viewing has caused me to have burnout, i maybe watch the muppets a few times a year now