I Think my Head's Been in the Clouds too Long...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty satisfied that the new video I shot turned out to be somewhat successful, sort of... I think, with my perfectionism and whatnot, that it COULD'VE been just a little better, but considering I wasn't able to work withany kind of monitor to help me out, I think it turned out pretty good.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Snowthy please don't throw in the towel altogether. Keep trying my friend. Success doesn't come easy.

Michelle and I are going to go online sometime soon together, tomorrow or the next day, and I promise we will look at your Youtube channel and post our thoughts on your videos here for your encouragement. Steve and you both deserve a sporting chance. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Michelle had a sore eye yesterday but she tells me it's feeling better today. It was probably just her allergies playing up.

She wants to look at your videos soon now Snowth. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That'll be fine.

I'm thinking about possibly doing some new holiday-themed videos this year for Halloween and Christmas, but I haven't really made up my mind about those yet.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Do it. Themed stuff can potentially grab more first-time viewers who'll then get hooked!

-------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what happened, but I think I'm basically reliving Steve Martin's very early days... I'm gettin' nothin'. Three new videos within a week's worth of time, and they've practically been ignored... back in the old days, I'd have at least a handful of comments, favorites, views within the first 24 hours, but now, I'm lucky if I reach the 20 view mark in a week, and get at least one standard "very funny" or "very cool" or "very interesting" comment.

Plus, I'm really upset that the Christmas "special" I had planned didn't work out, I was really looking forward to putting it all together, it was different from most of what I've shot before, but it just didn't work out... talk about a waste of foam, felt, and fleece:

Likewise, I now have an idea for an Easter video this year, but I know it wouldn't work out either, because it's too much of a hassle and too elaborate as well.

I admit as I do these videos, I realize each time that this is what I enjoy doing and wish I could keep doing this, but again... it's all just come crumbling down. I was hoping I could at least be on the verge to success by at least 2012, well here it is, 2012, and I still haven't accomplished much of what I set out to do well before now... Jim would be so disappointed in me... not trying to follow in his footsteps (which I'm honestly not, I'm doing my own thing), but for not doing a good job at keeping the art of puppetry alive with my own contributions, and for being a pretty lousy producer.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I am subscribed to you on youtube and I watch your videos. You are very entertaining and it is a shame that not many people have found you. Maybe I'm not much of a support, but I thin you should keep doing what you love. Yes, it would be nice to have people appreciate you, but isn't doing what you love really all that matters?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, it would be nice to have people appreciate you, but isn't doing what you love really all that matters?
It would be very nice if that's really all that did matter, but unfortunately, recognition is a necessary evil, especially in this industry, and especially by today's standards, like I've said many times before, that's the scary thing about networks today, if it seems like nobody's watching, you're gone after just a couple of episodes...
and again, it IS a little discouraging and disheartening that public reaction to these videos has dwindled to practically nothing compared to the old days when I had like 50-100 views and 5-10 comments within the first day of upload.