Kermit and Miss Piggy to present award at Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoebell

Reaction score
what were the other times they appeared at the oscars?

i know the one in '79, and then '82. what were the others?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

Jim Henson and Richard Hunt performed Kermit and Scooter as presenters for the 1986 Academy Awards.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score

I remember Miss Piggy was on in 1996 when host Whoopi Goldberg was trying to get a satellite link to Hogget's Farm to talk to Babe the pig but instead Miss Piggy cut into the feed. Classic! :smile:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I remember Miss Piggy was on in 1996 when host Whoopi Goldberg was trying to get a satellite link to Hogget's Farm to talk to Babe the pig but instead Miss Piggy cut into the feed. Classic! :smile:
Is that anywhere on YouTube? I've had a look and can't see it.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'm ABSOLUTELY THRILLED that Kermit and Piggy will be presenting!!!

Despite the ridiculous decision to drop the Best Song performances, there's no way a broadcast honouring the past year in film could not have included the Muppets in some fashion, after the world (and the entertainment industry in general) welcomed them back with open arms.

Thank you to panmanthe2nd for that link to the Academy Award section of Muppet Wiki. Until I saw that page, I had no idea that Kermit performed "Rainbow Connection" at the 1980 Oscars (although I knew it was nominated), or that Kermit and Piggy sang "The First Time It Happens" at the '82 Oscars (or that the song was nominated that year), or that Statler and Waldorf also appeared with Kermit, Scooter and Jim Henson at the '86 Oscars. Very cool.

"The First Time It Happens" lost to "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" at the '82 Oscars...that's just so weird and bizarre I can't even see straight when I think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.