Favorite Team-up

Auberoun

Reaction score
Who are your favorite Muppet duos? (Including Fraggles) and why?

Mine are;

1. Kermit and Fozzie - especially in TMS, they were alot like Abbot and Costello, their comedic timing was impeccable! Probably because Jim and Frank worked together for a long time even before that!

2. Gonzo and Rizzo - In TMCC, Gonzo as Dickens and Rizzo just was classic!

3. Bunsen and Beaker - The list wouldn't be complete without these two!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
1. Kermit and Robin from "The Frog Prince"- They made an awesome team as they took on the witch Taminella and her ogre Sweetums. Great movie.

2. Statler and Waldorf- Goes without saying.

3. Fozzy and Link Hogthrob in "Bear on Patrol"- I always enjoyed this particular skit, I wish they would've done it more.

4. Dr. Phil Van Nueter and Mulch- They were my favorite duo from "Muppets Tonight."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
1. Kermit and Robin from "The Frog Prince"- They made an awesome team as they took on the witch Taminella and her ogre Sweetums. Great movie.
Absolutely agree. It's a team up that doesn't get a lot of attention but was very endearing and touching. :smile:

blackaerin

Reaction score
Fozzie and Rowlf, my favorite sketch of these two has got to be the Country Garden piano duo.
I grew up with the Gonzo and Rizzo duo, and despite Muppets from Space being not as I hoped to be, I find the way their friendship was portrayed in the movie very touching.

zoebell

Reaction score
gonzo and rizzo- i grew up with this pair as well, i love them and really wish rizzo had been in the movie so they could have had a moment together at least

kermit and piggy- it might be boring to say them since they're the most obvious pair, but i really do think jim and frank had SUCH great chemistry and back and forth as these two, and people loved them for a reason. and i also think when jim died, a lot of their magic was lost, until recently. in the past few years i think steve and eric have really gelled as a team and managed to make them a great duo again. i think eric is absolutely great with frank's characters and i see a genuine rapport btw them when kermit and piggy make their appearances lately

Borples

Reaction score
Boober and Wembley--hence my avatar. You could tell the people involved in the show really liked this pairing too. In the DVD extra about "Scared Silly," Jocelyn Stevenson refers to Boober as Wembley's best friend. I read an interview w/ Jerry Nelson somewhere in which he was asked something about Gobo and Wembley's best friendship. He sort of shrugged it off and said that Boober was probably Wembley's best friend, it was just they couldn't room together b/c Boober would have been a terrible influence on Wembley. This despite the fact that the scripts continually said that Wembley and Gobo were best friends. Not that a Fraggle can't have more than one best friend, of course. And why am I going on about this? Boober and Wembley make me laugh, a lot, and they're an awesome pair, is all I'm saying.

Gonzo and Rizzo. Kermit will always be my favorite Muppet, but I think I'd rather watch Gonzo and Rizzo as a team than Kermit on his own.

Kermit and Fozzie--all the fun of Jim and Frank's chemistry without the sense that somebody is about to get karate chopped or fired. ;-)

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Kermit and Fozzie!!!!
Statler and Waldorf-So funny together!
Gonzo and Rizzo is always neat!
Wembley and Gobo-Such a great friendship.
Red adn Cotterpin Doozer-Most metaphorical relationship.
Bert adn Ernie!-If Sesame is allowed such classic.
Wayne and Wanda-Not very good on their own,but terrific together.
Philo and Gunge-They are such a great pair.You hardly ever see them apart, and good reason for that.