OmniLab pulls funding from Power of the Dark Crystal

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Henson can get any one of these projects made. They just kind of need to pick one and follow it through. We know a successful Muppet movie can be made for $45 million and that the overseas market is just as important as the domestic box office. These films could easily be successful. My advice would be this:

A. Beg, borrow or steal to get the Fraggle Rock Movie made. There are so many musicians and artists who would love to lend something to the film that would help give it a strong opening weekend.
B. Get people interested in the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth characters again by letting a game company develop an internet RPG with Jim Henson's extensive cast of creatures.
C. Develop something for television, live action or puppetry, that has a chance of being network popular and not just niche . This would get the Henson name out there and relevant again.
D. Create more YouTube content like the Marvin E. Quasniki for President campaign.
E. Keep rolling out the graphic novels and comics.
F. Once the Fraggle Movie opens it should be easier to make a Dark Crystal picture.

just my ideas. I don't see Henson Co. bouncing back to relevance without a firm strategy.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Oh yes, DARK CRYSTAL and LABYRINTH VIDEOGAMES ! With todays technology those would be awesome!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*burst of inspiration*

Though I hate them (at least the demos I downloaded), a PERFECT fit for a Labyrinth video game (besides MMORPGs, regular RPGs, action, horror, etc) would be the LEGO themed ones.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Get people interested in the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth characters again by letting a game company develop an internet RPG with Jim Henson's extensive cast of creatures.
The graphic novels, while not my taste, got an unexpected audience of Teenagers that never actually saw the movies, but opened their eyes to them. Free Comic day, when they released the Free Dark Crystal comic, EVERY store I went to was completely out of them... and I went early... at noon when these places opened up! That show's there's interest. A video game would be the next logical step, because that's the biggest thing in entertainment media now. We're probably not going to get Ghostbusters 3, but we got all 4 original Ghostbusters to reprise their roles in a video game.

I could see a big scale online Warcraft like Dark Crystal game out there.

Beg, borrow or steal to get the Fraggle Rock Movie made. There are so many musicians and artists who would love to lend something to the film that would help give it a strong opening weekend.
The Fraggle Movie's biggest hurdle is simple. The fact they were on HBO, and not as easily accessible as The Muppet Show or even Sesame Street meant that they're not as famous and high selling as the other two. So there is a reasonable doubt that a movie would pull in much money. But then again, Elmo in Grouchland was a fool proof idea, and it completely failed. Quality of the film aside, it's for 3 year olds.

Like I say every time, Henson desperately wants to bring Fraggle Rock out as their main family franchise. Other than DC and Labyrinth, it's their last big Jim era license. They wouldn't bother with comic books, overpriced, hard to find plush, and Taco Bell premiums if they didn't want to do something with it. But like I said, before we can have a Fraggle movie, let's get that Doozers cartoon out there. If nothing else, little kids will think it's a movie version of that.