Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of "Alternate Universe" or "Dark Universe" versions of usually light characters (Star Trek does it, the Muppets do it there...) It really highlights the brightness of their normal selves and develops something about the character. (Although Gonzo's darkness seemed to follow him back and get stuck to him for Mwoo and LTS too!)

I loved the fact it was back at the Theater (something that they did again for The Muppets), loved Bitterman as the villain, and love most of the quick-fire jokes. Its obviously a tv-special, not a movie (I'd never hold it against MTM or TMM) but it really brought aspects of the characters to life for me. AND it heralded the return of Fozzie after his dire MCC, MTI and MFS performances...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Bea:zany:{Always rushing to defend VMC since its perhaps my favorite Muppet Christmas production...with all the raw emotion going on}regard
I don't know, I just feel like I felt more raw emotion from say The Christmas Toy, which dealt with prejudice and death and in a subtle, interesting manner. But agree to disagree. :smile:

I've always been a huge fan of "Alternate Universe" or "Dark Universe" versions of usually light characters (Star Trek does it, the Muppets do it there...) It really highlights the brightness of their normal selves and develops something about the character.
I like that too normally, I just didn't feel like I learned anything about the characters here. It just felt gratuitous and shocking and nothing else under that.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't know, I just felt like I felt more raw emotion from say The Christmas Toy, which dealt with prejudice and death and in a subtle, interesting manner. But agree to disagree. :smile:
I do, I do! I embraced the disturbing elements, although I never let my kid siblings watch that movie...so I guess I must be disturbed on some level.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do, I do! I embraced the disturbing elements, although I never let my kid siblings watch that movie...so I guess I must be disturbed on some level.
Lol, no you're right. :wink: Like I said I don't mind disturbing as long as I feel something else as well. And I just personally didn't with VMX.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Are we really back on this? VMC has icky parts, yes, but mostly to highlight the non-Icky ending (ala. Its a Wonderful Life) but I think Fozzie's pickpocketing, Gonzo's homelessness, Sam's drug issues and Piggy's destitute situation overshadow Scooter's dancing to be honest...

Bea:zany:{Always rushing to defend VMC since its perhaps my favorite Muppet Christmas production...with all the raw emotion going on}regard
LOL really? Sam has drug issues in that club? lol i REALLY never knew that :embarrassed: :smirk: