Is it time for a good Muppets video game?

Drtooth

Reaction score
i'm surprised disney still haven't made a game i mean thats 4 months after the films release and not a game yet guess i shall have to play party cruise and racemania until then (psst disney racemania 2 maybe :smile:)
Yeah, but look at the flipside. We didn't get a crappy video game based on another movie that doesn't make sense. Disney DID make video games based on their tweencoms (even going back to Lizzie MaGuire) and, let's face it... there was NO CALL for video games based off that crap. Darkwing Duck, yes. Hanna Montana.. what the heck were those games about?

If we're getting a Muppet video game (and technically we do, in the latest version of Little Big Planet with the Muppet package, and that looks brilliant), I want something with its own stand alone story, self contained, and not related to the movie in anyway, the way a Muppet video game should be. As long as it's well thought out, well done, and completely characteristic of the Muppet legacy. If we wind up with a 3-D voice acted version of Chaos at the Carnival... NOOOOO. No way.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I loved Muppet Party Cruise...did they make it for the Wii (or I suppose the game cube since they are compatible right?)
Yes. Wii will play Gamecube. "Muppet Party Cruise" has been my late-night, too-tired-to-write, need-to-relax game of choice the past few weeks.
------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Race Mania 2 would be a good idea, but a couple of things...

1 The Doozer PC (playable character) along with the Fraggle Rock themed tracks would have to be dropped.
2 At least four new tracks would have to be added themed around The Muppets (2011).
3 Who should be the Muppet boss for the tracks themed around The Muppets (2011)? I'd say Uncle Deadly, dunno who else might agree.
4 The original game had ten extra levels based around the Muppet theater and FR. As said above, the FR ones would be eliminated, and I don't know how many theater-tracks that would leave. But the number of movie-based tracks could be upped to either 28 with the ones for The Muppets (2011) or even 35 by having each movie given five specific tracks yielding more bonus clips.

BTW: I'd also be in favor of a Muppets realm in Kingdom Hearts whatever sequel number/title they go with for the next release... But would the Heartless and/or Nobodies really fit in the realm of the Muppets? Unless they treat these entities by making them non-descript Muppetlike monsters in Frackle Heartless or Big Monster Nobodies; or as a sort of safe questing zone like how the Hundred Acre Woods is featured in the existing games, I'm not sure how it could be feasibly done.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Race Mania 2 would be a good idea, but a couple of things...

1 The Doozer PC (playable character) along with the Fraggle Rock themed tracks would have to be dropped.
2 At least four new tracks would have to be added themed around The Muppets (2011).
3 Who should be the Muppet boss for the tracks themed around The Muppets (2011)? I'd say Uncle Deadly, dunno who else might agree.
4 The original game had ten extra levels based around the Muppet theater and FR. As said above, the FR ones would be eliminated, and I don't know how many theater-tracks that would leave. But the number of movie-based tracks could be upped to either 28 with the ones for The Muppets (2011) or even 35 by having each movie given five specific tracks yielding more bonus clips.
I wonder if it'd be better to have a sequel or an updated version. If they did an updated version, I'd replace the Doozer with Walter, but I can't decide if I'd rather the boss for The Muppets track be Uncle Deadly, '80s Robot, or Miss Poogy.

And I feel they should rerecord some of the voices. Frank Oz's voices can remain, and I think John Kennedy did a good enough Dr. Teeth, but I feel Steve Whitmire should rerecord Statler's lines, David Rudman should rerecord Scooter and Janice's lines, and maybe Matt Vogel should rerecord Floyd and Robin's lines (though I'm unsure if that'd be neccessary).

Tracks on The Muppets should include: Smalltown USA, Kermit's mansion, Paris, and Las Vegas. Maybe they could add a few more characters as well (Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, and... Hmmm, maybe one of the characters I suggested as a boss).

Has anybody ever suggested a Muppet superhero game?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody ever suggested a Muppet superhero game?
I was thinking for a superhero game, they could have Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo be a superhero team, perhaps allowing for up to four players at a time a la The New Super Mario Bros. Wii (or the TMNT and Simpsons arcade games). Sam the Eagle would probably be a boss to them (a la Zordon from Power Rangers), and Bunsen and Beaker could either invent gadgets the Muppet superheros use or they could be enemy scientists.

Many familiar characters could play the role of villians. There could be a level where the heros fight each member of The Electric Mayhem, perhaps with the final boss being either Dr. Teeth (since he's the leader) or Animal (since he'd be a little bit of a challenge). I'd have Lips appear maybe as an enemy in a hidden part of the level (heck, maybe several obscure characters could be hidden enemies). There could be a level full of monsters, with Sweetums and Uncle Deadly as bosses, and other villians could include Lew Zealand and Crazy Harry.

And while un-PC, perhaps there could be a bonus game with Pepe as a superhero, rescuing several damsels in distress. If Miss Piggy is a hero and the whole Electric Mayhem (includign Janice) appear as villians, then the damels would have to be played by obscure female characters, like Spamela, Annie Sue, Gladys, Mildred, and Miss Mousey... Though if Spamela weren't there, it would make a funny ending if Pepe rescued all them women and then was disapointed that none of them were hot enough for him.

I was also thinking, maybe as a sequel to Muppet Race Mania, they could give it an "around the world" theme, with tracks taking place in many different countries, like America, Canada, Sweden, England, Germany, Mexico, Italy, and others.

Also, thinking back to my idea of an updated Muppet Race Mania, maybe the Fraggle Rock track could be replaced with a Koozebane track. And maybe the graphics could be improved (the games graphics are fine, but I feel the animation on the characters looks a little flat, especially in the faces).

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
ALSO: WHOA, I just had an amazing (to me, at least, haha!) idea! They should make a Muppet-themed world for the next Kingdom Hearts installment
I second that! It would be so cool to have a Muppet themed world, although I can kind of imagine it to be a minigame world, probably replacing 100 Acre Wood. But I guess a real world, where you have to fight Heartless, Nobodies and whatever there is, could work, if done correctly. I wonder how the world specific Heartless would look like:big_grin:

And is it bad that I wish for a game of the RPG genre? It just happens that I like RPGs the best, so yeah... I would like to see something similar to Final Fantasy or Star Ocean. But not too similar, rather with original ideas.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
But I guess a real world, where you have to fight Heartless, Nobodies and whatever there is, could work, if done correctly. I wonder how the world specific Heartless would look like:big_grin:
That would be nice... Maybe the world plot will be

Sora and his friends enter the Muppet Theater (the world) and when they look around, they run into Muppet Heartless. When they find Kermit, he explains that the Theater had been overrun by Heartless and many Muppets have been captured or possesed by Heartless (maybe there could be a new kind of Heartless that possesses people, not inanimate objects like the Possessor). Kermit is your ally here, and the captured Muppets include
Fozzie
Dr. Bunsen
Beaker
Statler and Waldorf
Sweetums
Dr. Teeth
Zoot
Janice
Floyd
Lips
Scooter
Robin
Mahna Mahna
Uncle Deadly
Rizzo
Rowlf
Pepe
Beauregard

The possessed ones you have to fight as a mini-boss are
Miss Piggy
Gonzo and Camilla
Animal
Lew Zealand
Crazy Harry
The Swedish Chef
Marvin Suggs
Sam the Eagle (what he will do in battle I have no clue)
Link and Strangepork

And after that, you have to fight the Muppet Heartless Lord (or something) and after beating it, you get the Muppet summon, where you randomly send out any Muppet and it does whatever it needs to (Gonzo fires out of a cannon at the foe, Piggy karate chops, Fozzie tells jokes to stun the enemies, Lew throws his fish, etc.)

And if there's a second visit, when Sora and friends visits the Theater, they find that Ansem (Or Org. XII or some other bad guy) is lurking around there.

Sounds nice?:smile:

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Great idea :excited:
As for what Sam could do: he could bombard you with exploding American flags and other things associated with America. He could sometimes fly arround to escape damage and the only way to hit him would be by magic or limit.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Great idea :excited:
As for what Sam could do: he could bombard you with exploding American flags and other things associated with America. He could sometimes fly arround to escape damage and the only way to hit him would be by magic or limit.
awesome idea! And maybe his "desperation move" could be throwing huge homing U.S Constitution blades.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I can so see him doing that XD
And I just had an idea about the fight against Crazy Harry. He could ocassionally summon Crimson Jazz, similar to how Demyx somtimes summoned his water clones, only without the time limit. They kind of fit to him. And Fozzie's weapon could consist of joke articles, maybe even Organization XIII's joke weapons from 358/2 Days.