What was the best thing that happened today?

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Hurray for... long term school trips to Anaheim, California! In March!:wink: my lines completely wrong and I'm so happy! Yaaaay!!:smile:
*If you don't know what I 'm talking about, check out a verry merry muppets Christmas bloopers*:big_grin:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Heh heh...good one! :news:

Best thing today...after a very frustrating night of converting files and running into unexpected problems, I found out my friend's Mac is dying (it's quite old), and she needs Photoshop for her good-enough-to-sell photos (she just got invited to sell her stuff at a good, legit Euro photo site)...sigh.

So, although it feels like I'm giving up a new kitten, I'm sending her my new used Mac before I get too attached to it despite the quirks. And yes, after the ridiculously stressful night and afternoon I've had, being able to do something nice and useful IS the best thing that's happened. Just hoping paying it forward does indeed work out.
---------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Me too, so you get a new used Mac, only to give it away? That's....bitter sweet. :smirk:But I think it's sweet of you doing something like that for your friend! It shows you trully care for her.:smile: I think that nice guys never finish last.:wink:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Oh, I'm not selfless. I'll benefit from this too, long-term, since in helping her get her debts paid down I'm moving closer to being able to get the heck out of Tucson. She paid my way years ago when I was unemployed, so I'm returning the favor. I'm no saint, but I do believe in honoring favors, especially when they were freely given in the first place without expectation of payback!

I already packed the Mac up to mail so I won't even think about it anymore.

Best thing today...having a box waiting for me last night when I came home of Muppet things sent for my birthday, and staying up all last night to write! :news:
------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Ah! But still is good, no? A good thing that happened to me was, I looked at myself in the mirror and told my self something Ive denied my whole life: I'm beautiful. It's only because for every day of my life, from k-6, I was told I was ugly, I didn't fit in, and that I was fat.:stick_out_tongue: But since 7th grade, I've been treated differently. I found out who I was partly, and I realized that you don't half to be like everyone to be pretty. You can be unique. So I feel better about myself. Will I win beauty pageants? No. Can I live up to my own expectations and goals and be proud of them? Absolutely. X////X I have no idea why I'm sharing this, but I am.:smile:

basicallygood

Reaction score
My friend gave me two Muppet PEZ dispensers (Kermit and Animal) as a late birthday present today. Surprisingly enough, they're the first Muppet merchandise anyone's ever given me, so that made them pretty darn special! :smile::halo:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
My friend gave me two Muppet PEZ dispensers (Kermit and Animal) as a late birthday present today. Surprisingly enough, they're the first Muppet merchandise anyone's ever given me, so that made them pretty darn special! :smile::halo:
Awww! Happy Birthday! I used to eat pez all the time! In any case, anything muppetty is pretty dern special!:wink: