The Muppets 2011 Script

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's saying that this download will be harmful to my computer. Is this true?
Any download can be harmful, but I've downloaded it and it seems to be fine.

I shall be giving this script a good read later! From the clips I've read, it certainly needs work, but I can't wait to see it! Parts of it remind me of Muppet Man...which i am NOT a fan of though (Grey-haired Gonzo). Glad that it got the changes that it needed!

mo

Reaction score
i read a bit of it and got bored it's really corny and unfunny thank gonzo they did change!

Borples

Reaction score
It's saying that this download will be harmful to my computer. Is this true?
It told me the same thing. But my computer tells me that about everything, so I chanced it and nothing's blown up...yet. :wink:

Cal

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm roughly halfway through reading this script, and it's a bit of a mixed bag so far, but... dagnabbit, why didn't “MICHAEL CLAYTON 2: THIS TIME IT’S LESS COMPLICATED AND HAS MORE ACTION" make it into the final cut?

EDIT: Okay, so finished reading it, and that was VERY mediocre overall. I can certainly see why Frank Oz turned it down. I was about to make a looooooong rant about everything wrong about this first draft, but... meh, there's no point, the problems are obvious (the Muppets being out of character, the lack of any real emotional weight, Gary and Mary being bland as ****, referring to the Muppets as bloody PUPPETS. SEVERAL TIMES. WHAT), and the vast, vast majority of the first draft's flaws were evidently ironed out in future redrafts before the final version of the film - which I now admire, and am glad we have, more than ever before.

Still, some jokes in this first draft were funny and I wish they were left in, it would have been nice to get a full rendition of Together Again in the final film, and pretty much every character outside of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Scooter, Walter and Animal seemed to have more to do in this script. But most of those small advantages the first draft has over the final are trivial, fan pleasing stuff anyway.

But yeah. So so so so so so so glad the script went through plenty of alterations before the final product began shooting.

Misskermie

Reaction score
i thought finding a script was easy as typing "script for..." on the internet, honestly.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I can't really see how Frank OZ was that upset...it feels like a very unpolished script. It seemed very rough with room open for better characterization. I can't imagine that a seasoned film veteran like Frank Oz couldn't tell that this needed a lot of work. The basic idea is there and that did work.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Thanks for the upload?

And gee... this feels like fan fiction. I'm glad the Muppeteers (and Pixar, if I remember correctly?) stepped in and showed them what was what.

Edit: Yeah. Sorry, but this script is pretty bad. Very unprofessional. Are you sure this is a real script and not a fan project? I know Segal's a fan, but the guy can write at least.

mo

Reaction score
I'm kinda glad this was the script frank oz turned down I thought it was the one from the movie now!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can't really see how Frank OZ was that upset...it feels like a very unpolished script. It seemed very rough with room open for better characterization. I can't imagine that a seasoned film veteran like Frank Oz couldn't tell that this needed a lot of work. The basic idea is there and that did work.
True, but that's easy for us to say now, having seen the final result.

I tried to imagine myself reading it without having any other information about the project and I know it would have made me very annoyed to imagine anyone making it into an actual movie.

Compare the Miss Piggy here to the Miss Piggy in the final movie, and I can totally see why it would be seen as totally disrespectful to her whole history.