The movie could have been even better (article)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And yes, while I give Jason Segel credit for lobbying for this movie to get made, I still dislike him as an actor, and didn't get why he had to kind of act Muppety himself in the film. Making all those faces, and if he called Walter "little buddy" once, he did it 20 times. I think one of the great strengths of the Muppets working with live human actors was it was always people you either couldn't picture acting zany like Orson Welles, etc. or people who just have that kind of fun vibe like Whoopi Goldberg,
For me this movie was definitely one of those "OK, I'll take it!" moments. It didn't have the mean spirited humor occasionally seen in other Muppet productions or weak attempts at being modern, so I decided to enjoy it despite whatever other issues it had, lol.

Alvin

Reaction score
It did have it's WHAT? moments...but overall just to have the Muppets back in the limelight again is awesome. Like Jason said....whether we like him or not, he brought the Muppets back to the big screen and then we won an oscar. AND NOW a sequel on the way...Muppet fans...rejoice. It will be good to place that new blu-ray disc in my collection on Tuesday.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This week has been nothing but torture waiting for this thing to be released! LOL!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
OK...call me a sad man but I've watched it 4 times since receiving the blu ray and whilst I absolutely LOVE this movie there is one thing that grates me more and more with each viewing and thats "Fozzie Bear".

Now yes, I put his name in quotes because, for me at least, the movie seems to have a counterfeit Fozzie...close, and to the casual observer indistinguishable, but to me it's just not our furry favourite funnyman. Thats not just isolated to the puppet either, its the performance as well. Now I know I will catch a lot of stick for this, and I've never had a problem with Eric's Fozzie previously, but "Fozzie" seems to be waaaay of in this film. The voice is very very odd, almost as if Eric was trying something different?!? And as for the puppet, well call me an old school fan but I really REALLY dislike his latest incarnation and I genuinely hope that with whatever the future holds for our beloved characters, they address this. Disney (or Puppet Heap) have done a bang-up job with other characters, Scooter being the best by far after being horrendous for several years and I'd just like to see Fozzie return to form.

Other than that, I still REEALLY love this movie. Having seen the full Richman rap, I just wish they'd left it in. It's actually way more funnier and irreverent in it's full form. Now I know many disliked it, but I feel it really is in the tradition of the original Muppet humour, to just step out of the moment and deliver something that really doesn't make any sense!

I still stand by my original opinion...this film is waaaaaaaaaaay better than I ever dreamed and cannot thank everyone involved enough...especially Mr Segel!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh thanks for rubbing it in that you've watched it 4 times already! We still have to wait till next Tues!!! By the way I'm teasing you. Lol!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Oh thanks for rubbing it in that you've watched it 4 times already! We still have to wait till next Tues!!! By the way I'm teasing you. Lol!
Sorry:embarrassed: It's worth the wait :smile:

Also for all UK fans, you can get the Blu Ray from Movietyme lite for £16.99. There no point other fans being ripped off as I was:mad:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
In the mean time while waiting for the movie I'm gonna go and get a Kermie doll made at Build a bear. I know I'm a dork and proud of it. :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Sorry:embarrassed: It's worth the wait :smile:

Also for all UK fans, you can get the Blu Ray from Movietyme lite for £16.99. There no point other fans being ripped off as I was:mad:
You got yours off Ebay though right? When is the release in the UK? or is it out already there?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
You got yours off Ebay though right? When is the release in the UK? or is it out already there?
No, I got mine off a site called Movietyme.com, since buying it though they've opened a sister-site thats considerably cheaper :frown: