"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that trailer made me so emotional. It felt like this could be a goodbye of sorts for Caroll. I really hope it's not, but I guess all good things must come to an end. The good news is it looks like someone is taking great care and love to produce this film and I can't wait to see it.

zns

Reaction score
Wow that trailer made me so emotional. It felt like this could be a goodbye of sorts for Caroll. I really hope it's not, but I guess all good things must come to an end. The good news is it looks like someone is taking great care and love to produce this film and I can't wait to see it.
I don't think it is anything to worry about. The article says that Caroll has no intention of stopping so there should be nothing to worry about. When the release date comes out, I will be happy.

beaker

Reaction score
Wow...from the website sounds like an insane amount of archival footage. So glad this is happening.

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Ohmygosh...that trailer made me wanna cry. :cry: I'm defiantly seeing this.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
This has a weird sense of sadness yet utter happiness... I must see this! :wisdom::grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I agree, the trailer was rather heartwarming and touching... I loved seeing just about all of the Muppet cast gathering around him and smothering him in a group hug, but I also loved the little personal candid moments with him and his wife Debbie as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Isn't it ironic how Spinney wrote an autobiography first and then Clash did, but the documentaries are in reverse order? Also, Spinney's autobiography was a lot better, and I'm more excited about his documentary... I don't have too high expectations for Clash's, and I sort of expected that for his autobiography. Maybe I'm wrong and Being Elmo will be a lot better (the books flaws, in my opinion, was that he spent as much time talking about his personal life as his career, and when talking about his career spent most of it focusing on Elmo, making a number of notable ommissions), maybe it does have a lot of info and footage of his other characters. I've read it has a clip of Richard Hunt's Elmo, that makes it sound a little worth it (I hope it's not just the balloon-popping bit that showed up in an online video about Clash that was posted recently).

Also ironic that the news of this came just a few days after that interview with Spinney that was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.