Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

• The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets DVD

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I disagree. The world is going the way of streaming video online. Blu Ray is the last gasp of an industry that doesn't want to admit it's going to be obsolete in the coming future.
Why would I wanna watch something on a tiny computer screen when I can watch The Muppets in high def on an actual big tv screen. If that's the way everything is heading then count me out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why would I wanna watch something on a tiny computer screen when I can watch The Muppets in high def on an actual big tv screen. If that's the way everything is heading then count me out.
Online video is getting better all the time; I've seen things that really amazed me lately. People were hesitate to switch from the horse to the car but it worked out fine. :smile: (Well at least it will if hybrids could become more common, lol)

In any case, they intentionally put the majority of the bonus features on the Blu Ray in order to force people to spend their money on Blu Ray players if they wanted the best special features. But there's nothing wrong with my DVD player and I have no reason to spend my money on a completely new one. The transition from DVD to Blu Ray just isn't that dramatic a change. Not like from VHS to DVD.

But all this has been discussed before, it is what it is, best to move on, lol. :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
question does anyone have a list of where all the easter eggs are on the Blu Ray

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Lol!! I'm glad we can have discussions in an adult matter even if we don't agree. Don't see that a lot on forums. That's why I love this place we can still have differences but still respect each other. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol!! I'm glad we can have discussions in an adult matter even if we don't agree. Don't see that a lot on forums. That's why I love this place we can still have differences but still respect each other. :smile:
Absolutely, we do have a very civil tone to our little community that is rare on forums. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's what's so great about the muppets you can find life long friends. That was cheesy I know but hey it's the muppets! Lol!

Drtooth

Reaction score
question does anyone have a list of where all the easter eggs are on the Blu Ray
Toughpigs has a small list

Anyway, I just saw these in person, and there's something that greatly bugs me about the cover of the DVD...

I apologize if I'm late for this conversation, but who thought it was a good idea to photoshop Gonzo's nose and ONLY his nose blue? I can't take my eyes off how awful that looks. The fuzzy little picture doesn't really do it justice. If you actually pick up the DVD and look at it, it's yet another one of those bad, ugly, cheap, ill-concieved Muppet photoshop jobs, right up there with 2000 era Piggy heads on 1978 promotional posters, Chef holding half a whisk, and collages of every single character with contradicting light sources shoved into a jammed cast photo.